Michael O'Halloran (footballer)
|Full name||Michael Francis O'Halloran|
|Date of birth||6 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2012||→ Sheffield United (loan)||7||(0)|
|2012||→ Carlisle United (loan)||1||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||23||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Michael Francis O'Halloran (born 6 January 1991) is a Scottish footballer who plays for St Johnstone, as a forward. Born in Glasgow he began his professional career with Bolton Wanderers in England but form whom he only made two appearances in three seasons. While at Bolton he had loan spells Sheffield United, Carlisle United and Tranmere Rovers, and has also represented Scotland at Under 21 level.
O'Halloran started his professional career at Bolton Wanderers, regularly playing in the reserve side. A product of the youth system, he made his début in the League Cup tie at home to Macclesfield Town on 24 August 2011, coming on as a second half substitute for Martin Petrov. His form in the reserves prompted Bolton to offer both O'Halloran and Joe Riley new three and a half-year contracts, committing them to the club until the summer of 2015. In March 2012, O'Halloran joined Sheffield United on loan until the end of the season, and made his début for the Blades on as an 81st minute substitute against Chesterfield in a 4–1 victory at Bramall Lane. O'Halloran was in and out of the side for the remainder of his spell, with his final appearance for the Blades coming at Wembley for the League One play-off final in which he came on as a substitute in extra time. O'Halloran scored in the game's penalty shoot out but United slipped to defeat.
In August 2012, O'Halloran joined Carlisle United on a month's loan. However, after playing just one game, a substitute appearance against MK Dons, O'Halloran opted to return to Bolton, his loan only lasting 12 days. O'Halloran then joined Tranmere Rovers on loan on in November of the same year. O'Halloran scored the first professional goal of his career on 8 December as he scored in a 2–2 draw against Portsmouth, O'Halloran loan was extended by a further month on 7 January 2013, and then again until the end of the season on January deadline day.
After appearing in just two cup matches in three years at Bolton, O'Halloran made the move back to his native Scotland with St. Johnstone in January 2014, signing an 18-month contract with the club. O'Halloran made his debut, coming on as a substitute, in a 1–0 win over Partick Thistle. Then on 8 February 2014, O'Halloran scored his first goal in the fifth round of Scottish Cup, in a 4–0 win over Forfar Athletic. He scored again in Saints' final home game of the season, to conclude a thrilling 3–3 draw with boyhood club Celtic.
Club career statistics
- As of 21 April 2012
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|2011–12||Bolton Wanderers||Premier League||0||0||1||0||1||0||0||0||2||0|
|2011–12||Sheffield United (loan)||League One||8*||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||0|
|2012–13||Bolton Wanderers||Football League Championship||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2012–13||Carlisle United (loan)||League One||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
* Including one appearance in the 2012 League One Play-off Final
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 2 September 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "Riley And O'Halloran Sign New Deals". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 23 February 2012. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- "Blades Loan O'Halloran". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Blades V Chesterfield". BBC Sport. 28 April 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Huddersfield promoted after shootout". Eurosport. 26 May 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "O'Halloran Loaned To Carlisle". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "O'Halloran returns to Bolton". Carlisle United F.C. 11 September 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Tranmere Switch For O'Halloran". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 22 November 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Tranmere 2–2 Portsmouth". BBC Sport. 8 December 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "O'Halloran extends Rovers stay". Sky Sports. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "O'Halloran extends Rovers stay". Sky Sports. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "St Johnstone sign Michael O'Halloran from Bolton Wanderers". Dundee Courier. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Forfar Athletic 0–4 St Johnstone". BBC Sport. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.