Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
|Motto||Knowledge, Food and Security|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Hilarry Edeoga|
|Location||Umudike (main campus), Abia State, Nigeria|
|Colors||Green & Yellow|
The Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, originally the Federal University of Agriculture, is a federal university in Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria  established as a specialized University by a Federal Government of Nigeria Decree No 48 of November 1992. It began formal activities in May 1993 with the appointment of the first Council and Vice-Chancellor Professor Placid C. Njoku on 27 May 1993, while other key officials of the University were appointed later.
The first set of students were admitted into the institution during the 1993/94 academic year with a student population of 82.
The nickname "Umudykes" or U'dykers refers to students, alumni, and sports teams of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture.
The institution is located in the Agricultural Training and Research city of Umudike, about 10 kilometers from Umuahia (capital of Abia State). The major link road to the University is the Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road, a direct route to the State capitals of Abia Akwa-Ibom and Cross River States. Being close to Umuahia, the University is linked through a major North-South Express Road to most part of the country. It commenced its activities on the premises of the former Federal College of Agriculture, Umudike.
It offers more than 100 programs, and grants more than 40 undergraduate degrees. Post Graduate degrees are offered (M.Sc. and MBA ) and doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees in over 15 departments, in 11 schools and colleges. The university issues the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Agric)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
These degrees are offered across ten Colleges and a graduate school within the University.
The university competes in the Nigerian University Football League. It also competes in the Nigeria National University games in football (soccer), basketball,volleyball and tennis.
- National University Commission Accreditation
- "Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Formerly Federal University of Agriculture, Umudike". Association of African Universities. Retrieved 2006-06-26.
- M. U. Igboekwe and I. E. Udoinyang (29 June 2011). "Modeling the transport of suspended particulate matter by Kwa Ibo River, Umudike, South-eastern Nigeria: Implications for pollutant dispersion". Retrieved 2011-09-09.
- Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board Institutions