||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Birth name||Michael Parry|
- This article concerns the British journalist and broadcaster. For the Minnesota senator, see Mike Parry (politician).
After graduating, Parry became "a Fleet Street reporter" and contributed to tabloid newspapers, most notably with The Sun. Parry then had a spell in the late 1990s as news editor of the Press Association in its Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, HQ before becoming a press officer with the Football Association.
In 1999, Parry joined Talk Radio (later known as talkSPORT). Parry originally co-presented the Sports Breakfast with Alan Brazil, but after the onset of health problems, he was replaced by Graham Beecroft and subsequently Ronnie Irani.
Due to the improvement in his health, Parry returned to co-host The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on Monday and Friday mornings, and sometimes stood in for Ronnie Irani if he was unavailable. Changes in talkSPORT's schedule for 2009 meant that Parry presented the 10:00–13:00 slot with Andy Townsend on Mondays to Fridays.
From June 2010 to February 2011 he co-hosted with Mike Graham in the same slot. He seemed to get on with Townsend much more harmoniously than with Graham, which led to the break up of their show and was replaced by Richard Keys and Andy Gray from 14 February 2011. Parry then left the station.
Returned to talkSPORT in July 2013 to do the paper review on The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.
At a routine check up in January 2005, Parry's consultant stated there was a "marked improvement" but told Parry that although his condition might be stable, his heart wouldn't improve. In April 2005, due to a combination of drug treatment and Parry's improvements in digestion and exercise, resulting in a loss of four stones in six months, he was removed from the transplant list. In September 2007, Parry completed the Great North Run, raising £9,000 pounds for Harefield Hospital.
He supports Everton Football Club.
He is known as "Porky" as in Mike "Porky" Parry.
- Wheelock, Paul (2 April 2009). "Chester City FC: talkSPORT’s Mike Parry pledges to support the Blues". Chester Chronicle. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- Petty, Moira (28 February 2008). "Mike's only hope was a heart swap - until he walked his way off the danger list". Mail Online. Retrieved 10 September 2008.
- Mike Parry quits TalkSport as Keys and Gray get his morning slot Portsmouth News, 8 February 2011
- Mike Parry to present 606 on BBC Radio 5 Live BBC Press Office, 14 February 2011
- Hale, Matt (11 July 2008). "Joe's a model pro". TheFA.com. Retrieved 10 September 2008.[dead link]
|talkSPORT breakfast show host
with Alan Brazil
Alan Brazil and Graham Beecroft