|Michael T. Peifer|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 139th district
January 2, 2007
|Preceded by||Jerry Birmelin|
|Born||1968 (age 46–47)
|Residence||Greene Township, Pike County, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Rider College|
|Occupation||Certified Public Accountant|
Prior to elective office, Peifer attended Wallenpaupack Area High School. He attended Rider College on a baseball scholarship and earned a degree in accounting. Peifer worked for Price Waterhouse LLP, eventually rising to the level of a senior tax consultant as a Certified Public Accountant. In 1995, Peifer opened his own accounting and tax firm in his hometown of Greentown, Pennsylvania. Peifer served as Pike County treasurer from 1999 through 2006.
- "SESSION OF 2007 191ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY No. 1". LEGISLATIVE JOURNAL. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Rep. Michael Peifer Biography". Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Representative Michael T. Peifer (PA)". Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Michael Peifer official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus - Representative Michael Peifer official Party website