|Born||Michael Somervell Pope
September 27, 1963
New York City, New York, United States
|Occupation||film director, producer, screenwriter|
|Years active||1994 – present|
Neovoxer is an experimental, non-dialogue feature film, accompanied by a live performance of its musical score and sound effects. Pope was director as well as a writer, actor, editor, and composer of the project. With this, he spearheaded the volunteer efforts of over 200 artists and artisans. Neovoxer was the first film by an American director to screen at the P1: International Biennial in the Czech Republic (2004)
His work has received recognition and support from The Tanne Foundation, The Experimental Television Center, Mobius Group for Experimental Work in All Media, and The Cloud Club as well as critical acclaim from numerous publications and online film sites.
His commercial credits include director/cinematographer/editor of music videos for Ben Folds, The Dresden Dolls, Gene Dante and The Future Starlets, Fluttr Effect and The Steamy Bohemians, as well as director/editor of the documentary "A Life in The Day of The Dresden Dolls" and The Dresden Dolls concert DVD "Live: In Paradise".
Born and raised in New York City, Pope is a self-taught filmmaker. He claims an eclectic collection of life experiences that fuel his creative work: a childhood of dyslexia and truancy and a widely varied career track as bike messenger, house painter and phone sex operator have proven to be the training ground for his film making.
He made his first films on Super8 when he was 7 years old.
- "The Old & The New" (2009)
- Bony Lil's Creation and Distraction (2007)
- Live: In Paradise (2005)
- Neovoxer (2004)
- Palace Hotel (1992)
- Sacred Nation (1990)
Director: Music Videos
- "Map of Tasmania" Amanda Palmer 2011
- "A Madness to His Method" Gene Dante and The Future Starlets 2009
- "Night Lies" Bang Camaro 2009
- "C Star" Gene Dante and The Future Starlets 2008
- The Who Killed Amanda Palmer video series 2008.
Produced by BriAnna Olson.
The series includes an intro, finale with credits, and bridges between these videos:
- "Guitar Hero" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "Strength Through Music" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "The Point of It All" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "Runs in the Family" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "Ampersand" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "Astronaut" Amanda Palmer 2008
- "Night Reconnaissance" The Dresden Dolls 2008
- "Second Cousin" The Steamy Bohemians 2007
- "Learn to Live With What You Are" Ben Folds 2006
- ""Backstabber: The Dresden Dolls vs. Panic! at the Disco" The Dresden Dolls 2006
- "Sing" The Dresden Dolls 2006
- "I Want You Now" Fluttr Effect  2004
- "Coin-Operated Boy" The Dresden Dolls 2004
- "Girl Anachronism" The Dresden Dolls 2003
Fine Art: Exhibitions
- College Med: Journal Showcase (2009)
- 31 Grand Gallery (2008)
- "Open Mind//Open Heart/Passion///Creativity/Freedom Of Expression///Spirit". The Tanne Foundation. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "etc home | The History Project". Experimentaltvcenter.org. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- http://www.mobius.org/mobius_home.php http://www.mobius.org/mobius_home.php
- BriAnna Olson. "Send My Love to Iran". Sendlovetoiran.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- Michael Pope (2013-08-06). "The Old & The New". Vimeo.com. Michael Pope. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- Bryce Lambert (2010-01-02). "Amanda Palmer and the Boston Pops". Boston lowbrow. Retrieved 2012-05-25.