Michael Rohde (chess player)
Rohde was rated as a master at thirteen. He gained the International Master title in 1976, followed by that of Grandmaster in 1988.
In 1975 he was the National Scholastic Chess Champions Junior High School Champion, and the following year he was the High School Champion. He won third place in the U.S. Open in 1991 as well as several other titles. He wrote the "Game of the Month" column for Chess Life from 1991 to 2006.
In August 2007, Rohde tied for first in the U.S. Open Championship in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Williams, Al. "National Scholastic Chess Champions". New Mexico Scholastic Chess. Archived from the original on May 3, 2006. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Review by GrandMaster Michael Rohde andIM Brian Hartman". Omega Chess Reviews. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- [dead link]
- NY Masters
- Michael Rohde player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Michael Rohde rating card at FIDE
- "CHESS; Rohde Wins Brilliancy and a Double Prize," 1/24/88
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|