Michael Scott Parker
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (September 2010)|
|Michael Scott Parker|
Michael Scott Parker in September 2006
by Baron Wolman
6 May 1981 |
South Carolina, United States
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, visual artist|
|Instruments||Guitar, Piano, Saxophone etc.|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Labels||Oh My! Music|
Michael Scott Parker (born 6 May 1981) is an American musician, songwriter, and visual artist currently living in Austin, Texas. She had an international upbringing as the elder of Hollywood stuntwoman Ramsey Scott's two children. Her 4th full-length album Naked has established her position among "the singer/songwriter elite." She is known for her dedication to the creative process, and "comes off as a bona fide muse set to plant the seed of self-expression into all of Earth’s creatures."
Michael coined the genre Creature Rock to describe her musical style. Her songwriting has been compared to female musicians Tori Amos, PJ Harvey., and Ani Difranco. Michael is also the co-owner of the Oh My! Music record label and Creature Rock publishing company her partner is her husband Mathew L. Parker. Among the accolades she has received are the 2003 Great American Song Contest honor award, the 2005 Peak Area Performance and Artist Award (PAPAA) award for Best Solo/Duo in Popular Music, and in 2006, The Gazette's "Best of the Springs" award in the category of "Best singer-songwriter-artist-pilates instructor."
- Painting Pictures (2003)
- Sacred Box (2004)
- Special PAPAA release (2004)
- Almost Naked (2006)
- Naked (2008)
- "The Creature Sessions" (2010)
- The Gazette - Impulse for Stardom, March 2005. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
- West Coast Performer Magazine's review of Naked, August 2008. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
- The Gazette - Quest for all-female band starts on a good note, March 2006. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
- The Gazette - Springs dream drifts West, May 2007. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Scott Parker.|