Michael Solomon (author)
A retired NYPD Special Investigator, Michael Solomon received 19 awards for Excellent and Meritorious police work during his career. He was assigned the protection of the Shah of Iran and Madame Chang of Taiwan while in the intelligence division of the department. He was also the intelligence officer to the U.S. State Department during the treaty negotiations between the United States and Turkey.
After submitting a proposal to change the City of New York retirement law in 1982, the city took action with his plan. With the plan's implementation, the city saved over $120 million, reduced taxes and had a balanced budget.
After retiring from the NYPD, he embarked on a career in the corporate world in fiance and management. After losing three corporate positions he embarked on his own in the security alarm industry. Within seven years, Solomon was twice nominated as having the best company in America by a national publication.
A graduate of the New York Institute of Technology and Long Island University, he holds a bachelors in Behavioral Sciences (Magna Cum Laude) and a Masters with Distinction in Public Administration respectively. He also taught Political Science and Public Administration as an adjunct professor at William Paterson College in New Jersey.
In 2003, Solomon was awarded by the New York State Legislature in Resolutions as Humanitarian of the Year for his work with the less fortunate and various charities.
Publishing his first book in 2005, "Success By Default - The Depersonalization of Corporate America", Solomon explores the need to keep the humaness in business. Forbes Magazine book club recommended that “[T]his book belongs on the desk of every CEO in America.”
“Where Did My America Go?”, Solomon's second publication, takes on the reason for the polarization between the American electorate due to political correctness and hypocritical politicians. He explores the great cultural divide in America today.
Solomon has appeared as a political pundit on over 120 radio and television talk shows. As a Fox News special guest he has appeared on Neil Cavuto's show. He has also appeared with Jamie Colby and other T.V. hosts.
He is an active member of the World Affairs Councils of America and the Economic Forum of Palm Beach. He currently resides in Lake Worth, Florida where he writes Op-Ed Articles. He also travels across America conducting Motivational and Political talks.
- Success By Default - The Depersonalization of Corporate America (2005)
- Where Did My America Go? (2007)
- "I Hope Like Heck": The Selected Poems of Sarah Palin (2011)
- "We Heard: Michael Solomon, Hillary, Obama" Newsmax, 2008.
- "Acorn Watch with Michael Solomon" on YouTube TradersNation, October 28, 2008.
- "Let's Get Loud organizes Tax Day Tea Party Protest in West Palm Beach" PalmBeachDailyNews.com, April 29, 2009.
- Fox News Interview
- New York Institute of Technology Magazine
- The Justice Hour Interview
- Interview with Kathryn Zox WSDE-AM
- Where Did My America Go? site
- Kurt Schemers of Traders Nation Interview of Michael Solomon