|Birth name||Michael Shane Tapper|
|Instruments||Drums, backing vocals|
|Associated acts||We Are Scientists, Bishop Allen, Fool's Gold, Yellow Ostrich|
Michael Tapper is a member of Los Angeles band Fool's Gold. He was a member of the indie-rock band We Are Scientists, with Keith Murray and Chris Cain, until November 2007. He played the drums for the band and assisted with backing vocals. He is also a member of Yellow Ostrich.
On November 1, 2007 it was announced that Tapper "relinquished his duties as drummer of We Are Scientists in order to 'pursue other things.'"
He is collaborating with Luke Top and listed as "voice/hand drum." 
Tapper was a 1996 graduate of the now defunct Lexington Academy in Farmers Branch, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. An avid runner during his high school days, he was a member of a State Champion Cross Country team. He finished 11th, one spot from being awarded All-State honors, at the 1995 TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) State Cross Country Meet. While at Lexington, he was also a major part of the state champion pop vocal & sacred ensemble, First Light, & the lead player in a state champion percussion ensemble, amongst other awards. He has a B.S. and M.S. in Engineering from Harvey Mudd College.
- "We Are Scientists website". Wearescientists.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Yellow Ostrich website". Yellow Ostrich. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "Voting for Beard of the Year 2006, photos from Munich, and some interviews « What's the Word". Wearescientists.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Leaving the band". Thisisfakediy.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- US. "Luke Top Myspace page". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
|This article on a United States drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|