He publishes on immigration issues in both the popular and academic press and served as Commissioner to the U.S. Commission for the Study of International Migration and Cooperative Economic Development (1988–90) and the U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform (1996–1997) under Barbara Jordan.
- Political Demography, Demographic Engineering (Berghahn Books, 2001, co-author)
- A Question of Numbers: High Migration, Low Fertility, and the Politics of National Identity (Hill and Wang, 1998, co-author)
- Threatened Peoples, Threatened Borders (W.W. Norton,1995, co-editor);
- Population and Resources in Western Intellectual Traditions (Cambridge University Press, 1989, co-editor);
- The Fear of Population Decline (Academic Books, 1985, co-author);
- Latin Migration North: The Problem for U.S. Foreign Policy (Council on Foreign Relations, 1985);
- The British Fertility Decline: Demographic Transition in the Crucible of the Industrial Revolution (Princeton University Press, 1984).
- "Lecture 11". Open Yale Courses. 2009-02-19.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|