||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
Michael Tolcher on the Miller Lite Stage
|Born||c. October 1973
Front Royal, Virginia, U.S.
Universal Music Group
Michael Tolcher (born c. 1973) is an American singer-songwriter who blends pop, blues, and urban grooves. He was born in Front Royal, Virginia, and has lived most of his life in and around Atlanta, Georgia.
Growing up just south of Atlanta, Georgia, Tolcher, who got into music at a young age and wrote his first song at five, had his first public performance in his church choir around the same time. He was into sports his entire life, and ran track at UTC and Georgia Tech. He was injured in 1996 and began to then focus on music. He got his start at the Olympics in Atlanta as a street performer. Tolcher soon began touring in small venues around the country. Eventually arriving in New York City, he recorded his album I Am with producers Pop Rox in late 2003. It was released on Octone Records in 2004, and he toured as opening act for such artists as Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, Blues Traveler, Gavin Degraw, G Love & Special Sauce, The Funky Meters, Pat McGee Band, Everclear, The Clarks, Hanson, and Sister Hazel.
His latest recording, "Speed Feels Better" was licensed out by Hilton Hotels and used for their 2008 Beijing Olympics Campaign. The song is his first single from his second album due out in 2009. An acoustic version is featured on the EP "See You Soon"
His EP In the Meantime was released on March 10, 2009, and features "Speed Feels Better", "Wanting You Now", "Speed Feels Better Acoustic", and "Speed Feels Better" video. The "Speed Feels Better" video features cameos from various athletes: Amanda Beard, Andy Roddick, Barry Sanders, Kimmie Meissner, and Rick Ankiel.
In April 2010, Michael spent a week educating attendees of the Sunscreen Film Festival  in St. Petersburg, FL. He instructed the crowd on the effects of the correct song in film or television episode, the writing process, and shared information on how to get new music into the motion picture industry. Others in attendance at the Sunscreen Film Festival were, John Travolta, Patrick Wilson (actor), Ethan Suplee, and Billy Dee Williams.
- Michael Tolcher EP (2003)
- See You Soon EP (2008)
- In the Meantime EP (2009)
- I Am (2004)
- "Mission Responsible" (2004)
- "Sooner or Later" (2005)
- "Speed Feels Better" (2009)
- "Auld Lang Syne" on New Artist Holiday EP (2005)
- Gloss, Megan. "Michael Tolcher", Telegraph Herald, 2005-04-27, p. A8.
- Taylor, Chuck (2006-01-07). "Michael Tolcher: Sooner or Later", Billboard 118 (1): 38.
- "Lung association releases music video PSA featuring Octone Records star", Health & Medicine Week, 2004-09-27, p. 500.
- Lilly, Kevin. "Michael Tolcher", Sunscreen Film Festival Website http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com,
- Michael Tolcher official site
- Michael Tolcher at the Internet Movie Database
- Michael Tolcher collection at the Internet Archive's live music archive