Michael Werner (publisher)
Michael Werner (born 1965) is the publisher of the only existing Pennsylvania German newspaper, Hiwwe wie Driwwe. In 1993, he started a private Archive for Pennsylvania German Literature in the Palatinate, Germany. Since 1997, the newspaper Hiwwe wie Driwwe is being published bi-annually. Since 2013, "Hiwwe wie Driwwe" cooperates officially with Kutztown University (PA). In 2003, Michael Werner, who has a doctorate degree in linguistics, was one of the co-founders of the German-Pennsylvanian Association and the first president of the association (until 2010). Since 1998, he is a member of the jury of the oldest Palatine Dialect Writers Contest in Bockenheim an der Weinstraße, Palatinate (Germany). He lives in Ober-Olm in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- Werner, Michael (Ed.): Hiwwe wie Driwwe. The Pennsylvania German Review (Newspaper). Ober-Olm/Kutztown 1997-.
- Werner, Michael: "Ebbes aus em alte Land". Newspaper Column. In: The Pennsylvania German Review (Kutztown, PA), 2001-2003.
- Werner, Michael: "Ebbes in die Mudderschprooch". Newspaper Column. In: The Diary (Gordonville, PA), 2003-2005.
- Werner, Michael: "S Katz Deitsch Schtick". Internet Blog. In: hiwwe-wie-driwwe.de. 2002-.
- Werner, Michael et al. (Ed.): Mit Pennsylvanisch-Deitsch darich's Yaahr. A Pennsylvania German Reader for Grandparents and Grandchildren. Neckarsteinach 2006.
- Werner, Michael (Transl.): Es globbt beim Sammy in der Nacht (Children's Book). Neckarsteinach 2012.
- Werner, Michael (Trans.): Kumm, mer gehne Baere yaage (engl. Original: We're going on a bear hunt, by Michael Rosen). In: Hiwwe wie Driwwe No. 1/2013.
- Werner, Michael (Ed.): "Hiwwe wie Driwwe - The Pennsylvania German Review", Ober-Olm 1997-2012.
- hiwwe-wie-driwwe.de: Retrieved on February 25, 2012
- Jennifer Trout: "One Possible Future of Pennsylvania German in the 21st Century - J. William Frey Lecture by Dr. Michael Werner, Ober-Olm, Germany. In: Journal of the Center for Pennsylvania German Studies. Vol. 14, No. 3 (Summer 2007): 4-5.