||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
Conlin at the Paleyfest in March 2012.
June 9, 1978 |
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Conlin was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania to a Chinese mother, an accountant, and an Irish father, a contractor. She performed in her first play at the age of six and continued to appear on stage in numerous Pennsylvania community and regional productions. She attended Parkland High School in South Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania, where she starred in productions of Bye Bye Birdie and The Crucible. She graduated from Parkland High School in 1996.
Following her graduation from Parkland High School, Conlin moved to New York City to study acting and was accepted into New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. While working toward her B.F.A. in Theater, she appeared in several productions at the Atlantic Theater Company and the Playwrights Horizons Theater School, Stonestreet Studios Conservatory and traveled to Amsterdam to study with the Experimental Theatre Wing's International Training Program.
Following her graduation from NYU, Conlin was chosen to be a part of the cable documentary series The It Factor, which focused on the lives of young actors in New York City. Soon after, she relocated to Los Angeles, California, where she landed her first starring role in the ABC drama series MDs, playing an idealistic young intern taken under the wing of the hospital's two renegade doctors, played by William Fichtner and John Hannah. She followed that with a leading role in the ABC drama series The D.A., playing an outspoken political consultant to Steven Weber's district attorney.
Conlin plays Angela Montenegro in the popular Fox drama, Bones (starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz). In 2008 Conlin was nominated for an Asian Excellence Award in the category of Supporting Television actress, for her role on Bones.
- Law & Order "Swept Away—A Very Special Episode" (2001) – Rocky
- The Division (2002) – house director
- MDs (2002) – Dr. Maggie Yang
- JAG (2003) – Lt. Mary Nash
- The D.A. (2004) – Jinette McMahon
- Bones (2005–present) – Angela Montenegro
- Love the Hard Way (2001) – Cara
- Pipe Dream (2002) – TV reporter
- Garmento (2002) – Marcy
- Open Window (2006) – Miranda
- Enchanted (2007) – May
- The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) – Heidi Sobel
- "Allentown native Michaela Conlin The 'girl next door' is an irreverent crime-solver on the hit show 'Bones'". The Morning Call. November 1, 2009.
- "Chinese New Year". People.com. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Michaela Conlin Makes No 'Bones' About It". pacificcitizen.org. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Icelandic Soccer Legend Dating Hollywood Star". Retrieved 2012-01-20.