|This article relies on references to primary sources. (November 2012)|
The company began when Michel Cluizel's parents March and Marcelle Cluizel expanded their pastry business into making chocolate from their own family kitchen. Later in 1948, Michel became an apprentice in his parent's business.
Their first export order came in 1981 as they dispatched products to the USA and they opened their first shop in Paris in 1987.
The company has 200 employees, including the four children of the owner and name sake of the company. Michel Cluizel owns a store on Rue Saint-Honoré in Paris. In August 2004, the company opened a subsidiary in the United States. However, it is no longer possible to order from the company's web site in the United States. It is unclear why the company has ceased selling chocolate products through its American web site.
-  Michel Cluizel
- Official Michel Cluizel homepage
- Official homepage of Noble Ingredients, Michel Cluizel's subsidiary in the United States
- Official homepage of Chocolat Michel Cluizel in NYC
- Official homepage for Cluizel's store in Paris
- An interview with Michel Cluizel
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|