||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (June 2011)|
|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2011)|
November 14, 1941 |
Houilles Carrières-sur-Seine, France
|Known for||Painter, Graphic designer, Photographer|
Michel Guéranger was born November 14, 1941 in Houilles Carrières-sur-Seine. After graduating from the 'Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Appliqués et des Métiers d'Art', he devoted himself entirely to his passion for art.
Life and work
At age 25, a series of oil paintings on paper, signed under the name Michel Gérard, constituted his first exhibition, which traveled from Paris to London. 1975 – Guéranger founds the group SPACE with Jean Allemand and Maxime Defert. Through an innovative discourse, these forerunners of the 3D image explored the problematics of space: physics of shapes, art of tension, space-time hypergeometry and vibratory masses of light.
- National Contemporary Art Acquisitions Fonds national d’art contemporain
- Museum of Modern Art, City of Paris. France
- Georges Pompidou Center. Paris. France
- Dunkirk Museum of Modern Art. Dunkirk. France
- Museum of Saint-Maur. France
- Copenhagen Handelsbankens Kunstforening Collection. Denmark
- http://www.michelgueranger.com/m_biographie/a_biographie.pdf Michel Gueranger Painter, Graphic designer, Photographer