Michel Platini Mesquita
|Full name||Michel Platini Ferreira Mesquita|
|Date of birth||8 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Ceilândia, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Current club||Ludogorets Razgrad|
|2006||→South China (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:57, 02 march 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Michel Platini played for Brazlândia, Mexican Primera División side Pachuca, Gama, Araguaína, Grêmio Anápolis, Hong Kong First Division League side South China and Veranópolis, before moving to Chernomorets Burgas in Bulgaria.
Platini signed a three-year contract with Chernomorets on 29 June 2008, after a successful trial period with the club. He marked his competitive debut on 5 July with the equalising goal in Chernomorets's second round match of Intertoto Cup against ND Gorica which ended in a 1–1 draw. Platini made his Bulgarian A Group debut against Botev Plovdiv in a 1–0 away win on 10 August. He scored his first league goal for Chernomorets on 21 September 2008 against Litex Lovech in a 2–2 away draw. During his first season, he scored 10 goals in 27 league games.
In May 2009 it was reported in the Bulgaria media that Michel was a target for Russian side Amkar Perm and Levski Sofia. Platini began the following season for Chernomorets, netting a three goals in four league games.
On 31 August 2009, CSKA Sofia signed Platini for a three-year deal keeping him in the club until 30 June 2012. He was given the number 22 shirt. Platini scored his first official goal for CSKA in the first match of the group stage of the UEFA Europa League against Fulham F.C. on 17 September 2009, which ended in a 1–1 draw.
On 17 October 2011, Platini signed a new contract with the club until the end of 2013–14 season.
On 13 February 2012, Platini joined Dinamo București Ironically, he had played against them as a CSKA player in an ill-tempered friendly match just a week before, being sent off. However, he made only 8 appearances, struggling to establish himself in the squad.
Return to CSKA
On 12 July 2012, he returned to CSKA as part of the deal for Boris Galchev. He finished the season with 16 appearances, scoring 8 goals.
On 28 July 2013, CSKA shockingly announced that they have reached an agreement with title rivals and Bulgarian champions Ludogorets Razgrad for the transfer of Platini. On 30 June 2013, he was officially presented as a new signing in front of the media at the club's training camp in Austria.
As of 2 March 2014[update]
|Chernomorets Burgas||2008–09||A Group||27||10||0||0||4||2||31||12|
|Dinamo București||2011–12||Liga I||8||0||1||0||0||0||9||0|
|CSKA Sofia||2012–13||A Group||16||8||1||1||0||0||16||8|
- "Michel Platini". zerozero.pt. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- "Stats Centre: Michel Platini Facts". guardian.co.uk.
- "Херо освободи двама, чака петима" (in Bulgarian). burgas24.bg. Retrieved 29 June 2008.
- "Черноморец започна подготовка с четирима бразилци" (in Bulgarian). burgas24.bg. Retrieved 16 June 2008.
- "CSKA Sofia sign Michel Platini". reuters.com. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Нападател на ЦСКА с нов договор" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "CSKA Sofia to Sell Michel Platini to Dinamo Bucharest". novinite.com. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "CSKA Sofia official release about Chernomorets Burgas's pressconference". cska.bg. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?news=434485 Официално: Платини подписа с Лудогорец
- (Bulgarian) Profile at cska.bg