Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken
Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken (born 30 June 1954, Amsterdam) is the owner of a controlling interest in the world's third-largest brewer, Heineken International. She is one of Britain's richest women, with a net worth of $11 billion according to Forbes.
Charlene Heineken studied law at the University of Leiden. She married Michel de Carvalho, a financier involved in NM Rothschild and Citi businesses, graduate of Harvard University, former film actor (as Michel Ray), and former Olympic luger she met on a ski holiday in St. Moritz, Switzerland. They reside in London, England, with their five children.
Upon the death of her father in 2002, she inherited a fortune worth approximately £3billion sterling, making her the wealthiest person with (shared) Dutch citizenship. In 2013, the Sunday Times Rich List ranking of the wealthiest people in the UK placed her 10th with an estimated fortune of £7,000million.
She is an executive director at Heineken Holdings NV, and her husband is a member of the supervisory board at Heineken NV.
- Bertoni, Steven. "In Pictures: World's Richest Women - Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken - Forbes.com". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Britain's richest women". Virgin Media.
- "Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Rossingh, Danielle (2003-02-26). "Heineken heiress remains a mystery". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- The Daily Telegraph - Sunday Times Rich List 2010: Britain's richest see wealth rise by one third, 24 April 2010
- "Sunday Times". Features.thesundaytimes.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "Age Gate". Theheinekencompany.com. Retrieved 2014-02-26.