January 11, 1973 |
Ravenna, Ohio, United States
|Genre||Dark fantasy, Supernatural fiction, Gothic fiction, Spirituality, Sexuality|
|Subject||Occult, Paranormal, Vampires|
Michelle Belanger is an American author, singer and prominent advocate of the vampire lifestyle community, a self-described "psychic vampire" Belanger is also involved in BDSM and polyamory lifestyles. She is an advocate for alternative sexuality and kink (as well as safety and responsibility there in) and has spoken at scene events and conventions on topics such as erotic biting, knife play and erotic energy work. In her profiles for such events she notes she has worked as a fetish model and dominatrix. Born intersex, Belanger was surgically altered upon her birth. When referencing the event she says she prefers to use the term hermaphrodite as she is fond of the poetic origins of the word.. She has authored several books on vampirism, paranormal and occult research, has appeared in television documentaries about magic and modern occultism, and formed a club or coven for psychic vampires, called House Kheperu. She has performed as a vocalist with Gothic music bands, such as URN and Nox Arcana.
Michelle Belanger is a spokesperson for the modern vampire cult movement, giving talks on the student campus network, and has appeared in a number of television shows and films documenting the vampire subculture.
- The Secret Life of Vampires (A&E, 2005) 
- Vampire Secrets (History Channel, 2006) 
- Hannity's America: "Night Neighbors" (Fox News, 2008) 
- Paranormal State (A&E) 
- Twilight Weekly:Spotlight (Reelz Channel, 2009) One episode.
- Vampyres (Avalanche Productions, 2007) documentary based on the book Vampyres: When Reality Goes Beyond Fiction by Laurent Courau 
Michelle Belanger has performed with several bands, including URN and Nox Arcana. She performed on URN's albums Desecrated Ashes (2003) and Dancing with the Demigods (2006) and also wrote the lyrics to several songs, "Esoterica's" and "The God Within."
Belanger also performed on Xyla's Esoterica (2007). She performed as a guest vocalist on Nox Arcana's album Winter's Knight (2005) which ranked #8 on the Billboard chart for Top Holiday Albums. She later worked again with Nox Arcana on their musical collaboration Blood of Angels (2006).
Michelle Belanger has authored several books on the occult, paranormal experiences, critical essays and poetry, and has been quoted and credited as a researcher and occult expert in other books on these topics.
- The Psychic Vampire Codex (Weiser, 2004)
- Sacred Hunger (Dark Moon Press, 2005)
- Psychic Dreamwalking: Explorations at the Edge of Self (Weiser, 2007)
- The Psychic Energy Codex: A Manual For Developing Your Subtle Senses (Weiser, 2007)
- Vampires in Their Own Words: An Anthology of Vampire Voices (Llewellyn, 2007)
- Walking the Twilight Path: A Gothic Book of the Dead (Llewellyn, 2008)
- Haunting Experiences: Encounters with the Otherworldly (Llewellyn, 2009)
- The Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide: Protection Techniques for Encounters with the Paranormal (Llewellyn, 2009)
- The Dictionary of Demons: Names of the Damned (Llewellyn, 2010)
- Chasing Infinity: Essays on the Nature of God, the Universe, and Religious Experience (CreateSpace, 2010)
- House Kheperu Archives: The Outer Teachings of House Kheperu (CreateSpace, 2011)
- The Vampyre Almanac (Sanguinarium Press, 2000) with Katherine Ramsland.
- V: The Book of the Strigoi VII (Aangel Publishing, 2003) with Father Sebastiaan, Layil Umbralux, Madame X.
- The Enchanted Wood illustrated by Kimberlee Traub (Shadowfox, 1996)
- These Haunted Dreams (Dark Moon Press, 2006)
- Wicked Kisses (Dark Moon Press 2007)
- This Heart of Flame (Stonegarden, 2009)
- Soul Songs from Distant Shores (Emerald Tablet Press, 2006)
- This Ritual of Me (Emerald Tablet Press, 2008)
- Hesse, Monica. "Self-Described Vampires Come Out of the Dark to See 'Twilight'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- Goodman, Eleanor (Halloween 2008). "Psychic Vampires (pg 1 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine (Dennis Publishing). p. 88. Retrieved 13 May 2009. Check date values in:
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 2 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Psychic Vampires (pg 3 of 3)". Bizarre Magazine. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- The re-enchantment of the West. Google Book Search. 2006-06-19. ISBN 978-0-567-04133-3. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Pelletier, Joe (2008-11-04). "An interview with a Vampire". Quinnipiac Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- O'brien, Erin (July 11, 2007). "Freestyle Lead Sympathetic Vampire". Cleveland Free Times. Retrieved 2008-11-12.[dead link]
- Skrip, Frank (2005-03-18). "Metaphysicist discusses energy". The Online Rocket. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- Young, Katie (2009-04-29). "Vampire expert to speak at Kiva before 'Twilight' viewing". KentNewsNet.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "The Secret Life of Vampires (dvd)". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Review of Vampire Secrets on DVD". DVDTOWN.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Llewellyn Worldwide press release, St. Paul, MN, December 5, 2008
- "Night Neighbors". FOX News. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Michelle Belanger guest speaker at Dragoncon". Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Paranormal State episode guide". A&E. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Twilight Weekly: Spotlight on Tv". LocateTV. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
- The Vampyre Almanac 2006 Edition. Google Book Search. 2006-03-29. ISBN 978-1-4116-6084-7. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres: When reality goes beyond fiction". Vampyres-themovie.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Vampyres movie review". RottenTomatoes.com. Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- "Billboard ranking for Winter's Knight". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 2007-01-27.
- Google list of books by Michelle Belanger. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- Magickal Self Defense: A Quantum Approach to Warding. Google Book Search. February 2008. ISBN 978-0-7387-1219-2. Retrieved 2009-05-08.