Borth at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival premiere of A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
August 19, 1978 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Pace University|
Michelle Borth (born August 19, 1978) is an American actress who has portrayed characters on The Forgotten and the critically acclaimed HBO series Tell Me You Love Me. Borth is now currently known for starring as Catherine Rollins on the CBS series Hawaii Five-0.
Early life and education
She aspired, to become a gymnast in youth but after getting in trouble over drugs, she discovered acting at a camp. She attended Pace University in Manhattan, obtaining her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2001 in Theater and Art History.
Borth's previous credits include the films, Wonderland (directed by James Cox), Trespassers, The Sisterhood, Silent Warnings, Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders and Komodo vs. Cobra; and guest appearances on the Supernatural episode "What Is and What Should Never Be" and the Law & Order: SVU episode "Trade". She also appeared in Burger King's "Lunch Break" advertising campaign. She's also featured in John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body" video.
In 2008, she wrapped the independent film TiMER with Emma Caulfield and Desmond Harrington, and appeared in the Endgame Productions' comedy film, A Good Old Fashioned Orgy with Leslie Bibb, Lake Bell, and Jason Sudeikis.
In 2009, she was a pillar cast member of ABC's The Forgotten starring Christian Slater, appearing in 17 episodes, including part of the 2010 season. In 2010, she also guest starred on the TNT TV series Dark Blue double-episode season finale and on three episodes of the 2010 version of Hawaii Five-0 on CBS where she appeared as Steve McGarrett's girlfriend, Lt. Catherine Rollins, a Navy Lieutenant. On March 26, 2012, CBS announced that Borth would become a cast regular on Hawaii Five-0 for Season 3.
|2002||Apartment||Watermelon Girl||Short film|
|2002||In Your Face||Brittany Jarvis|
|2003||Silent Warnings||Katrina Munro||Video|
|2004||Sisterhood, TheThe Sisterhood||Devin Sinclair||Video|
|2006||Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders||Nicole||Video|
|2007||Lucky You||Girlfriend of Josh Cohen|
|2011||Good Old Fashioned Orgy, AA Good Old Fashioned Orgy||Sue Plummer|
|2013||Easy Rider: The Ride Back||Vanessa Monteague|
|2002||Off Centre||Carly||Episode: "P.P. Doc II: The Examination Continues"|
|2004||Center of the Universe||Peggy||Episode: "And the Silver Medal Goes To..."|
|2005||Komodo vs. Cobra||Dr. Susan Richardson||TV movie|
|2005||Freddie||Nikki||Episode: "After Hours"|
|2007||Supernatural||Carmen Porter||Episode: "What Is and What Should Never Be"|
|2007||Tell Me You Love Me||Jamie||10 episodes|
|2008||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Avery Hemmings||Episode: "Trade"|
|2008||Cleaner, TheThe Cleaner||Lisa||Episode: "Back to One"|
|2009–2010||Forgotten, TheThe Forgotten||Candace Butler||17 episodes|
|2010||Matadors||Juliana Lodari||TV movie|
|2010||Dark Blue||Sharon Perry||Episode: "Personal Effects"
Episode: "Dead Flowers"
|2010–present||Hawaii Five-0||Catherine Rollins||Season 1 & 2 recurring
Season 3-present main cast
|2011||Combat Hospital||Maj. Rebecca Gordon||13 episodes|
- "Michelle Borth, "Tell Me You Love Me" actress: Mr. Media Interview". By Bob Andelman. January 5, 2008. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Gerri Miller (June 20, 2011). "Michelle Borth: "I'm totally the sex scene whisperer". MadeMan.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- "Pace Alumna Casted in New ABC Television Series". Pace University. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Anderson, John. "Review: “A Good Old-Fashioned Orgy”". variety.com. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- CBS official Hawaii Five-0 website with Season 3 reference Retrieved 2012-03-26
- Megan Masters (March 26, 2012). "TVLine Items: Hawaii Five-0 Promotes McGarrett's Gal Pal, Margo Martindale Suits Up and More!". TVLine. Retrieved Mary 5, 2012.
- "'Combat Hospital' Is Cancelled". December 19, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- "Love in the time of Therapy: HBO's Tell Me You Love Me series aired Sunday. Michelle Borth bares body and soul...". nylonmag.com. 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Justin Monroe. "MICHELLE BORTH, star of HBO's Tell Me You Love Me, schools Complex on the anatomy of a sex scene". Complex (magazine). Archived from the original on 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Peter Martin (2008-05-14). "Michelle Borth Joins 'Old Fashioned Orgy'". cinematical.com. Retrieved 2008-10-03.