|Occupation||Actress, Radio and television presenter, model, DJ|
|Known for||Xposé (Entertainment/celebrity gossip TV show) presenter,
presenting Night Shift,
Radio presenter Phantom FM
Michelle Doherty is an Irish actress, model, radio/television presenter and DJ. She can currently be seen presenting Xposé, a daily entertainment/celebrity gossip TV show on TV3 in Ireland. She has done presentational work for Arthur's Day, Finest Work Songs on Phantom FM, RTÉ Two television series Under Ether and, more recently, the weekday breakfast show, Pure Morning on Phantom FM, and Night Shift and Day Shift on Channel 6 for a number of years before the sudden axing of the show on 31 December 2008.
Michelle is a model with Morgan The Agency, having got her career break whilst working in Dublin, Ireland as an air stewardess for the airline Aer Lingus, where she had worked since 1997. She was among twelve well-known females who took part in the "Max Factor Salutes Great Moments in Fashion" show for which she was styled in vintage fashions and hair styles, photographed by fashion photographer Sarah Doyle and wore a figure-hugging black dress by Louise Kennedy for a portrait which was then sold off at a charity auction. She presented Night Shift, the alternative music show on Channel Six, seven nights per week and also on two weekend afternoons. Its axing left her feeling "completely bewildered, and absolutely gutted".
An online campaign to reinstate her on the new 3e roster was launched immediately. The programme is rumoured to be returning in 2014. Doherty's other careers have included a radio show, Finest Work Songs and Pure Morning on Phantom 105.2, co-hosting of the next-to-inaugural Choice Music Prize at Vicar Street, Dublin in February 2007 and being nominated for an IFTA. She also had a presenting role during the Arthur's Day events in Dublin in 2009. She presents When Under Ether for RTÉ Two on Tuesday nights.
Michelle has since expanded her horizons and pursued her passion for acting, she recently played the part of “Liv” in Lenny Abrahamson’s critically acclaimed, award winning film What Richard Did  and has just finished filming independent Irish film The Hit Producer where she played the lead role, Katelin Ballantine.
Awards and Nominations
As well as being nominated for an IFTA, Michelle has also been nominated for Ireland's TV Personality of the Year award.
- "Michelle Doherty revealed as TV3 Xposé's new host". Irish Independent. 2013-11-21.
- "New 3e station joins ratings battle". Irish Independent. 2009-01-05. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Portrait of Malin model graces auction". Inishowen News. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Channel 6’s NightShift to be taken off air". State. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- "Loaded: 19 December 2008". Irish Independent. 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Bentley's bashes and book launches". Irish Independent. 2008-09-14. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Phantom 105.2". Retrieved 2012-06-30.
- "Michelle Doherty leads new Phantom schedule". Hot Press. 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Acts for Guinness birthday bash". The Irish Times. 2009-09-11. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
The four studio venues (Whelan’s, Tripod, the Academy and Vicar St) will be hosted by the BBC’s Colin Murray, Phantom FM’s Michelle Doherty and TV presenter Michelle de Swarte.
- "Michelle Doherty lands new TV music show". Hot Press. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- "Line-up announced for Haiti Aid, taking place in Whelan's and The Village on Tuesday February 3". Hot Press. 2010-01-29. Retrieved 2010-01-29.
- "What Richard Did (2012) - Full cast and crew". IMDB.
- "The Hit Producer (2013)". IMDB.
- "The reluctant celebrity". Irish Independent. 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Phantom's Michelle Doherty Tops The Poll ... again!". Phantom 105.2. 2010-03-26. Retrieved 2010-04-15.