|47th President of the Minnesota Senate|
January 4, 2011 – January 7, 2013
|Preceded by||James Metzen|
|Succeeded by||Sandy Pappas|
|Member of the Minnesota Senate
from the 13th district
February 12, 1996
|Preceded by||Joe Bertram|
|Born||November 3, 1965|
|Political party||Republican Party of Minnesota|
|Alma mater||William Mitchell College of Law
College of St. Benedict
St. Cloud State University
Michelle L. Fischbach (born November 3, 1965) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota Senate. A member of the Republican Party of Minnesota, she represents District 13, which includes portions of Benton and Stearns counties.
Early life, education, and career
Fischbach attended Woodbury High School in Woodbury, then attended college at the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph from 1984 to 1986 and, later, at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, where she received a B.A. in political science and economics in 1989. She served on the Paynesville City Council from 1995 to 1996.
Fischbach was first elected to the Senate in a 1996 special election held after the resignation of Senator Joe Bertram. She was re-elected in the Fall 1996 general election and, again, in 2000, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2012. She was an assistant minority leader from 2001 to 2002 and from 2007 to 2008, and deputy minority leader from 2009 to 2010. She served as President of the Minnesota Senate from January 2011 through 2013, and was the first woman to do so.
- Sommerhauser, Mark (November 7, 2012). "Fischbach re-elected to 7th term in Senate 13". St. Cloud Times. Archived from the original on December 3, 2012.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Fischbach, Michelle L". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- "Michael Brodkorb, State GOP Deputy Chair". Twitter.com. November 5, 2010. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- "Scott Fischbach to head MCCL". Paynesvillearea.com. June 13, 2001. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- "Project Vote Smart - Senator Michelle L. Fischbach - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Michelle Fischbach at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Senator Michelle Fischbach official Minnesota Senate website
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Senator Michelle Fischbach
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Michelle Fischbach Profile
- Malkin, Elisabeth (October 28, 2009). "In Cancún, Police Pick Wrong People for ‘Bite’". The New York Times.
|President of the Minnesota Senate
|Senator from the 13th district