|Born||Michelle J. Krusiec
October 2, 1974
Michelle J. Krusiec was born in 1974 in the Republic of China (Taiwan). She was adopted at age 5 by a Taiwanese aunt, her father's elder sister, who had married an American. Krusiec studied theater at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, graduating with a B.A. in 1996, and later, from the University of Oxford.
Television and voicework
Krusiec was recruited to be one of six globe-trotting travel reporters for the Discovery Channel new series called Travelers. Along with Barbara Alvarez, Robin Kipp, Pearce Bunting, Patrick Michael, Foster Soloman, and later Lisa Clark, she traveled to over 50 different locations on the show. Krusiec also played the 18-year-old Molly O'Brien in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Time's Orphan". She also co-starred in the NBC Saturday morning sitcom One World and also played the role of Exquisite Woo on Popular. She played Mei-Ling Hwa Darling, one of the Darling family's daughters-in-law in ABC's highly publicized dramedy, Dirty Sexy Money. She also had a recurring role as "Nadine Park" on Season 4 of Fox's Fringe, and has also appeared on TV shows such as NBC's Community (as "Wu Mei", a love interest of Chevy Chase's character, Pierce Hawthorne), General Hospital as Attorney Grace Yang, The Secret Life of the American Teenager as Emily, Touch as Lanny Cheong, Nip/Tuck as Mei, CSI: Miami as Susan Lee, CSI: NY as Lisa Kim, NCIS, Grey's Anatomy, Weeds, Without A Trace, Cold Case as Kara, Monk as Maria, ER as Tong-Ye, and Titus as recurring character Nancy.
Krusiec was a Best Actress nominee in the Golden Horse Film Festival for her performance in a U.S. independent film Saving Face (2005), written and directed by Alice Wu, in which she plays a Chinese American lesbian and surgeon named Wilhelmina Pang (also known as "Wil") juggling the demands of her girlfriend, Vivian Shing (played by Lynn Chen) and pregnant mother (played by Joan Chen). She has also appeared in The Mind of the Married Man as Sachiko, the massage parlor girl who gives "happy endings." Krusiec has also appeared in a number of feature films including Knife Fight as Shannon, Sunset Stories as Nova, Relative Insanity as Marsha, Far North as Anja, the daughter of Michelle Yeoh's character, What Happens in Vegas as Chong, Cameron Diaz's character's competitive co-worker, Dumb and Dumberer as Cindy, The River Murders as Sung Li opposite Ray Liotta, Christian Slater, and Ving Rhames, Daddy Day Care as the English teacher, Take Me Home as Suzanne, Shuffle as Kevin's Mother, and independent film projects including Tanuj Chopra's Nice Girls Crew alongside Lynn Chen and Sheetal Sheth, Shawn Chou's Tomato and Eggs opposite Keiko Agena and Sab Shimono, and Erin Li's L.A. Coffin School opposite Elizabeth Sung and Megan Lee.
Krusiec also wrote, directed, and performed a one-woman show entitled "Made in Taiwan" that premiered in Los Angeles and in New York at the New York International Fringe Festival of Theater, among other venues. She has received funding from Visual Communications to develop the play into a feature film.
Krusiec also toured with the cast of David Henry Hwang's play, Chinglish, in the role of Xi Yian. The first stop of the play is at the Berkeley Repertory Theater, and then the South Coast Repertory (as the play is a joint production between the two theaters), and then to the Hong Kong Arts Festival in Hong Kong. The production of the play is directed by two-time Obie winner Leigh Silverman.
- Sexual Considerations (1991)
- Travelers (1996)
- One World (1998)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Time's Orphan Season 6, Episode 24 (1998)
- Popular (1999) (TV series)
- Titus Season 2 (2001)
- ER (2002)
- Monk (2003)
- Without a Trace Season 1 & Season 3 (2003)
- Cold Case Season 2 (2004)
- Grey's Anatomy Bring the Pain (2005)
- NCIS Under Covers (2005)
- Weeds Free Goat (2005)
- Standoff Shanghai'd (2006)
- Dirty Sexy Money Season 1 (2007)
- My Own Worst Enemy Season 1 (2008)
- CSI: NY Season 6 (2009)
- CSI: Miami Season 8 (2010)
- Community Season 2 (2011)
- Fringe Season 4 (2011)
- Touch Season 1 - episode 6 (2012) as Lanny Zheng
- Getting On Season 2 - 2 episodes (2014) as Andrea Conrad
- Nixon (1995)
- For the Cause (2000)
- The Mind of the Married Man (2001)
- Tomato and Eggs (2002)
- Pumpkin (2002)
- Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
- Daddy Day Care (2003)
- Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003)
- Duplex (2003)
- Best Actress (2004)
- Saving Face (2004)
- Cursed (2005)
- Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- Far North (2007)
- Nanking (2007)
- What Happens in Vegas (2008)
- Henry Poole is Here (2008)
- Zoom Hunting (2010)
- The River Murders (2011)
- Nice Girls Crew (2012)
- Four of Hearts (2013)
- The Invitation (2015)
- Elaine Chan (November 26, 2005). "Up close and personal". The Standard (Hong Kong). Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- "Michelle Krusiec Interview - Asian American Actress -".
- "Michelle Krusiec: Official Website".
- "Michelle Krusiec: The Big Screen’s Chameleon Sweetheart 1/3 - Asian American Personalities - GoldSea".
- "Made in Taiwan official website".
- Kim, Nancy. Made in Taiwan Theater Review
- "VC FILM DEVELOPMENT FUND". Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival.
- "Somebody Picked Me or The VC Film Fund". Michelle Krusiec.
- "Chinglish Hong Kong Collage". Michelle Krusiec.