|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 56th district
|Preceded by||Paul Froehlich|
August 17, 1972 |
Aberdeen Proving Ground
|Alma mater||University of Cincinnati|
|Profession||Full Time Legislator
Michelle Mussman (born August 17, 1972) is the Illinois State Representative for the 56th district, serving since 2011. The 56th District includes all or parts of Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Roselle, Hoffman Estates, Hanover Park, Rolling Meadows and Bloomingdale.
Personal life, education and career
Mussman attended Purcell Marian High School in Cincinnati, OH, graduating in 1990 before attending the University of Cincinnati College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design. Mussman is married to husband George and has three sons.
In 2010, Mussman won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in her first campaign for political office.
In 2012, Mussman was elected to a second term. 
Illinois House of Representatives
- Appropriations – Elementary & Secondary Education
- Environmental Health
- State Government Administration
- Tourism and Conventions
- Appropriations – Human Services.
- Illinois General Assembly Profile
- Michelle Mussman for State Representative
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Rep. Michelle Mussman at Illinois House Democrats