Michelle P. Brown
Michelle P. Brown is Professor of Medieval Manuscript Studies at the School of Advanced Study, University of London. She was previously (1986-2004) Curator of Illuminated Manuscripts at the British Library. She has been a historical consultant and on-screen expert on several radio and television programmes. She has published on the Lindisfarne Gospels, the Luttrell Psalter, and the Holkham Bible.
- A Guide to Western Historical Scripts from Antiquity to 1600. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 1990; rev. ed. 1994; 1999.
- Anglo-Saxon Manuscripts. British Library: London, 1991.
- Understanding Illuminated Manuscripts: A Glossary of Technical Terms. British Library and J. Paul Getty Museum: London & Malibu, 1994.
- The Book of Cerne: Prayer, Patronage and Power in Ninth-Century England. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 1996.
- The British Library Guide to Writing and Scripts: History and Techniques. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 1998.
- with Patricia Lovett, The British Library Historical Source-Book for Scribes. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 1999.
- The Lindisfarne Gospels: Society, Spirituality and the Scribe. British Library, Faksimile Verlag & Toronto University Press: London, Luzern & Toronto 2003.
- Painted Labyrinth: The World of the Lindisfarne Gospels. British Library: London, 2003.
- How Christianity Came to Britain and Ireland. Lion Hudson: Oxford, 2006. (Reader's Digest edition, 2007)
- St Paul's Cathedral. Jarrold: Norwich, 2006.
- The Luttrell Psalter: A facsimile with Accompanying Commentary. Folio Society & British Library: London, 2006.
- The World of the Luttrell Psalter. British Library: London, 2006.
- The Lion Companion to Christian Art. Lion Hudson: Oxford, 2008.
- Manuscripts from the Anglo-Saxon Age. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 2008.
- The Holkham Bible Picture-Book: A Facsimile with Accompanying Commentary, Transcription and Translation. Folio Society & British Library: London, 2008.
- The Lindisfarne Gospels and the Early Medieval World (2010)
- J. Bately, M. P. Brown and J. Roberts, eds, A Palaeographer's View: Selected Writings of Julian Brown. Harvey Miller: London, 1991.
- M. P. Brown and L. Webster, eds, The Transformation of the Roman World. British Museum Press: London, 1997.
- M. P. Brown and S. McKendrick, eds, The Illuminated Book in the Later Middle Ages. Studies in Honour of Janet Backhouse. British Library & Toronto University Press: London & Toronto, 1997.
- M. P. Brown and C. Farr, eds, Mercia: An Anglo-Saxon Kingdom in Europe. Leicester University Press: Leicester, 2001.
- M. P. Brown and R. J. Kelly, eds, You're History: How People Make the Difference. Continuum: London, 2006.
- M. P. Brown, ed., In the Beginning: Bibles Before the Year 1000. Smithsonian Institution: Washington DC, 2006.
- Howse, Christopher (22 December 2007). "The shepherds' dog and the angel". The Telegraph.
- Howse, Christopher (7 December 2008). "The case of the missing Gospel". The Telegraph.
- Cooperman, Alan (21 October 2006). "A Testament To Change: Early Scraps Of the Bible". The Washington Post.
|This British Library-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|