Michiel van den Bos
|Michiel van den Bos|
|Birth name||Michiel van den Bos|
|Also known as||M.C.A., Mike Boss|
|Born||May 23, 1975|
|Genres||Electronica, atmospheric drum and bass, liquid funk, ambient, classical|
|Occupations||Composer, musician, DJ|
|Instruments||Keyboards, guitar, PC|
|Associated acts||Straylight Productions|
Michiel "M.C.A." van den Bos (born 23 May 1975) is a Dutch musician who composes primarily for Epic Games and Triumph Studios. He began composing on the Commodore 64 and Amiga before making the transition to composing professional soundtracks for critically acclaimed video games such as Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex and Overlord series. His most recent project is the soundtrack of Age of Wonders III.
According to an interview, his influences are LTJ Bukem, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Martin Galway, Underworld, Rob Hubbard, Jeroen Tel, Ben Daglish, Carcass, At The Gates, Insomnium, PFM and Artemis.
Van den Bos is also an active indie/alternative DJ.
Video game credits
- 1998 – Unreal (and the mission pack, Return to Na Pali)
- 1999 – Age of Wonders
- 1999 – Unreal Tournament
- 2000 – Deus Ex
- 2007 – Overlord
- 2007 – Overlord: Raising Hell
- 2009 – Overlord: Dark Legend
- 2009 – Overlord II
- 2014 – Age of Wonders III
- 2014 – Unreal Tournament
- "Michiel van den Bos at Facebook: Info". Facebook. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Gamemuziek voor het goede doel". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). 1 April 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- Naumenko, Michael (September 2012). "Michiel van den Bos - Interview". Game-OST. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Hillier, Brenna (11 May 2014). "Unreal Tournament composers willing, invited to join reboot project". VG247. Retrieved 22 May 2014.