||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia. (February 2009)|
October 11, 1959 |
Saitama City, Saitama prefecture
Michiyo Akaishi (赤石 路代 Akaishi Michiyo?, born October 11, 1959) is a Japanese manga artist born in Urawa (now Saitama), Saitama Prefecture, Japan. She graduated from Saitama Prefectural Dai-Ichi Girls High School. Akaishi then attended Musashino Art University where she graduated with a degree in commercial plastic model design. In 1979, she won first place in the Shogakukan Shinjin Comic Award contest.
Akaishi's debut story, Marshmallow Tea wa Hitori de, appeared in the January 1980 issue of Bessatsu Shōjo Comic. Her story, One More Jump, won the 1994 Shogakukan Manga Award for children's manga.
Manga (Story and Art)
- "Alto" no "A"
- Akatsuki no Aria
- Alexander Daiou - Tenjou no Oukoku
- Alpen Rose
- Amakusa 1637
- Cinema no Teikoku (or Cinema Empire)
- Desert Storm
- Fair Lady wa Namida wo Nagasu
- Fushigi no Rin
- Hime 100% (or Super Girl)
- Naisho no Half Moon
- One More Jump
- Private Actress (or P.A.)
- Shichou Tooyama Kyouka
- Silent Eye
- Ten yori mo Hoshi yori mo
- Towa kamo shirenai
- Video J
- Yoru ga Owaranai
TV series (Original Manga)
- "赤石 路代プロフィール". Archived from the original on 2007-11-20. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- Hahn, Joel. "Shogakukan Manga Award". Comic Book Awards Almanac. Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- 小学館漫画賞：歴代受賞者 (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2007-12-15.