Mick Brown (musician)
Mick Brown live in 2007
|Also known as||"Wild" Mick Brown|
|Born||September 8, 1956|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genres||Glam metal, hard rock, heavy metal|
Hear 'n Aid
T & N
Mick Brown, a.k.a. "Wild" Mick Brown (born ca. September 8, 1956) is a drummer who has played in the bands Dokken, Ted Nugent, Lynch Mob, and Xciter. He is a co-founder of Dokken and is known by many Dokken fans as "Wild" Mick Brown.
Mick Brown was born in Los Angeles California On September 8, 1956 and began playing Drums at aged 8 when on his birthday he took his first drum lesson from Mickey Hart (who two years later would join the rock band The Grateful Dead.) Mick Brown joined his first Rock & Roll Band at the age of 10 but it wasn't until he left high school in 1974 that he met future Dokken Bandmates Don Dokken and George Lynch.
Dokken was founded by Mick Brown and Don Dokken in 1978 as The Boyz and changed their name to Dokken in 1981 as Don had obtained a solo record deal with Carrie Records He sang vocals on the track "Tooth and Nail" on Dokken's live acoustic album, released in 1995, entitled One Live Night. Apart from Don Dokken, Brown is the only person to appear on every Dokken album.
Tooth And Nail
Brown is also a member of Tooth and Nail, a band that features original Dokken members George Lynch and Jeff Pilson. Their debut album "Slave To The Empire" was released October 31, 2012. The band has also been renamed T&N.
On July 8, 2012 Brown was arrested in Bangor, Maine after he reportedly stole a golf cart and drove it down a Bangor street drunk after performing with Ted Nugent. Brown was charged with DUI, reckless driving, theft, and assault. He was released on $4,000 bail and was due back in court August 15, 2012.
- Weber, Barry. "Biography: Dokken". Allmusic. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- Drumheads, Aqarian. "About". Wild_Mick_Brown. Aquarian Drumheads. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Webber, Barry. "Dokken". Dokken_Biography. All Music. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Nugent, Ted. "Wild_Mick_Brown_The_Band". The_Band. www.TedNugent.com. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Current And Former DOKKEN Members Launch TOOTH AND NAIL". Blabbermouth.net. 15 December 2011. Archived from the original on 17 December 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2011.