|Born||Michael Lawrence Davis
15 February 1958
|Nationality||British / South African|
|Education||Theodor Herzl School|
|Alma mater||Rhodes University|
|Title||Chief Executive of Xstrata plc|
Michael Lawrence "Mick" Davis (born 15 February 1958) is a South African/British businessman. He served as the Chief Executive of Xstrata plc, an Anglo-Swiss multinational mining company until its merger with Glencore International Plc in 2013.
He has been Chief Executive of Xstrata since October 2001.
He was a Senior Manager with accountants Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co from 1980–1986. Davis was an Executive Director of South African state-owned Eskom, one of the world’s largest electricity utilities, before joining Gencor Ltd in 1994. He served as Executive Chairman of Ingwe Coal Corporation Ltd from 1995, until appointed in July 1997 as Chief Financial Officer and an Executive Director of Billiton plc.
He is also Chairman of UJIA, and a member of the Jewish Leadership Council.
- "Jewish Leadership Council:Mick Davis". Jewish Leadership Council. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Power, Helen; Helia Ebrahimi, Helia; Rowley, Emma (8 September 2012). "The Glencore-Xstrata war has turned friends into foes". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Mick Davis". Who's Who South Africa. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Kew Foundation appoints new Trustees to the board" (Press release). Royal Botanic Gardens Kew. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- Wachman, Richard (14 February 2010). "Xstrata's big boss with bigger ambition". The Observer. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|