Megan and Mickey the dog
|Genre||Children's television series|
|Created by||Best Boy Entertainment|
|Directed by||Christian Sparkes
|Starring||Mickey (the dog)
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||143|
|Executive producer(s)||Les Harris (season 1)
Edward J. Martin
|Location(s)||St. John's, Newfoundland|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Original channel||The Pet Network|
|Original run||October 2009 – present|
Mickey's Farm (originally called Mickey: Everyone's Best Friend) is a Canadian children's television series made for preschoolers, which is a mix of live action, animation and original music. The show is produced by Best Boy Entertainment in St. John's, Newfoundland
Mickey, a city dog, has just moved to the farm with his best friend, Megan. Each episode follows Mickey as he experiences new things on the farm and sometimes gets himself into troublesome situations. With the help of Megan, his friends Guy and Fiona, and their Magic Book, Mickey always resolves his problems and learns something new. Each episode ends with an original song, which reiterates new things learned.
The show is intended to motivate children to explore new things, ask questions, problem-solve and make new friends.
- Mickey - a real Shetland Sheepdog and the main character of the show. He lives on a farm, has a love for adventure and is very curious. His best friend is Megan. Mickey was voiced by Peter MacDonald in the first two seasons, and Erin Mackey in seasons 3 through 5
- Megan - Mickey's best friend. She is fourteen years old and goes to school nearby the farm. Everyday after school she helps Mickey answer questions and sort out problems. Megan was played by Jessica Croucher in the first two seasons, and by Hannah Wadman-Scanlan in seasons 3 through 5
- Guy - a British goat who is always hungry and is always eating vegetables. He lives on the farm and is friends with Mickey and Megan. His agreeable character is wise and offers a matter-of-fact type interpretation. Guy is voiced by Charles Tomlinson.
- Fiona - a likeable ferret who also lives on the farm. She is friends with Mickey and Megan. Her enthusiastic character is always offering creative and helpful suggestions. In the first season Fiona was voiced by Katherine Hatcher, and by Hannah Wadman-Scanlan in seasons 2 through 5
- Sunny (the sun) - an ever-present maternal character who is always watching over the farm and sometimes narrates the show. Sunny is voiced by Rhona Buchan in the first season and Allison White in seasons 2 through 5
The show was originally developed in association with The Pet Network, designed for children ages 2–6 years old. All episodes are 11 minutes in length, with two episodes usually shown within a 30-minute time slot when aired on TV.
The first season was produced in 2009 and includes 26 episodes. It was directed by Christian Sparkes, produced by Ed Martin and Les Harris was the executive producer.
The second season was produced in 2010 and includes 39 episodes. Season two was directed by Allison White and produced by Ed Martin who was also the executive producer. Season two began airing on The Pet Network October 2010.
The third season of Mickey features 26 episodes. Season three is being directed by Darcy Fitzpatrick produced by Edward J. Martin and Ed Martin is the executive producer.
Season 4 (26 episodes) and season 5 (26 episodes) are also currently airing.
Each episode includes an original score created by Jeremy Rice.