Mickey's Speedway USA
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|Mickey's Speedway USA|
North American box art of the Nintendo 64 version
|Engine||Modified Diddy Kong Racing engine|
|Release date(s)||Nintendo 64
Game Boy Color
|Distribution||Nintendo 64 cartridge|
Mickey's Speedway USA known in Japan as Mickey's Racing Challenge USA (Japanese: ミッキーのレーシングチャレンジUSA Mikkī no rēshingu charenji USA) is a Disney racing game for the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color, developed by Rareware and published by Nintendo. The Game Boy Color version of this game is a sequel to Mickey's Racing Adventure (which was released in 1999 for the Game Boy Color only). It is styled after other kart racers such as the Mario Kart series, and Diddy Kong Racing.
Mickey's Speedway USA includes a Grand Prix mode, as well as multiplayer racing and battle modes. The game features six initial characters, with a further four being unlockable. The default characters are paired in likeness, and each pair is given the same statistics, such as Donald and Mickey having average statistics, or Pete and Goofy having a concentration in speed and quickness.
Mickey Mouse's dog, Pluto, is kidnapped by the Weasels for his "diamond" collar (later found out to be fake). As one of the drivers, including Disney characters such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pete, the player races on tracks in the United States, based on locations such as New York, Alaska, Los Angeles, and Seattle, to find the Weasels and save Pluto.
- "Mickey's Speedway USA Box Shot for Nintendo 64 - GameFAQs". GameFAQs.com. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Mickey's Speedway USA :: GBC Game Review". Kidzworld. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Search Reviews, Articles, People, Trailers and more at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "Mickey's Speedway USA: Game Review". IGN. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- "Mickey's Speedway USA: Game Review (GBC version)". IGN. Retrieved 2013-12-22.
|This kart racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Rare-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|