25 March 1986 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||17 st 7 lb (111 kg)|
|2009||St. George Illawarra||6||0||0||0||0|
|2012–2013||Hull Kingston Rovers||54||6||0||0||24|
Michey Paea began playing rugby league at a young age for the Minto Cobras. Whilst in year 12 at Sarah Redfern High Paea received his first NRL contract with the Sydney Roosters along with fellow Sarah Redfern student class mate and current NRL player Michael Lett. Paea made his first grade debut for the Roosters against the Cronulla Sharks at Toyota Park on 17 June 2005.
Dragons and Bulldogs
Paea was the subject of a controversial racial vilification dispute with Cronulla Sharks Captain, Paul Gallen, late in the local derby played between the Dragons and Sharks on 23 May 2009. Gallen, who took objection to Paea accidentally stepping on his hand in a tackle, got up and called Paea a "black c***". Paea's angry response was caught by television cameras and microphones, but he did not wish to take the matter further after the match. "But then something told me to just forget about it and to just move on. Things happen on the field and you don't want to get too personal about it. But I've been getting different kinds of reactions. After the game I had my church friends sending me messages saying, `You handled it really well, it was very Kingdom the way you dealt with it'. "Then I had other mates saying, `You should have smashed him'.
During 2010-11, Mickey Paea played for the Canterbury Bulldogs as a prop. He made 16 appearances in 2010 and 12 appearances in 2011. Since leaving them for Hull KR, he has contemplated moving back to the NRL. 
(For 2014 Super League season highlights, stats and results click on 2014 Super League season results)
In 2006 he made his international debut for Tonga against Samoa and since then has played superbly in all 12 internationals for the Tongan side.
- Dragons sign Mickey Paea
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "Paea urged to speak up on racial slur". Sydney Morning Herald. 2009-05-25. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Paea plays down Gallen bust-up". Sydney Morning Herald. 2009-05-23. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Gallop stands by Gallen breach notice". Sydney Morning Herald. 2009-05-25. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Cronulla Sharks to sack skipper Paul Gallen". Daily Telegraph. 2009-05-27. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "NRL’s island talent". Samoa Observer. 2008-03-28. Retrieved 2008-08-04.[dead link]
- "Tug-of-war over Mason". Sky Sports. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Samoa, Tonga and Fiji name squads". BBC. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-09.