|Full name||Michael Anthony Walsh|
|Date of birth||13 August 1954|
|Place of birth||Chorley, England|
|Playing position||Striker (retired)|
|1975–1984||Republic of Ireland||21||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Walsh began his professional career at Blackpool in 1973, making his debut in a goalless draw at Fulham on 12 September. He went on to score 72 league goals for the Seasiders in 180 games during his five years at the club. His strike in a 3–2 win against Sunderland at Bloomfield Road on 1 February 1975 earned him the "Goal of the Season" award on the BBC's Match of the Day.
Blackpool F.C. Hall of Fame
Walsh was inducted into the Hall of Fame at Bloomfield Road, when it was officially opened by former Blackpool player Jimmy Armfield in April 2006. Organised by the Blackpool Supporters Association, Blackpool fans around the world voted on their all-time heroes. Five players from each decade are inducted; Walsh is in the 1970s.
- Calley, Roy (1992). Blackpool: A Complete Record 1887–1992, p. 123. ISBN 1-873626-07-X
- Singleton, Steve, ed. (2007). Legends: The great players of Blackpool FC (1 ed.). Blackpool: Blackpool Gazette. pp. 66–69. ISBN 978-1-84547-182-8.
- "The Hall of Fame – 1970's". Blackpool Supporters Association. Retrieved 29 November 2009.
- Calley, Roy (20 October 1992). Blackpool: A Complete Record 1887–1992. Breedon Books Publishing Co Ltd. ISBN 1-873626-07-X.
- Singleton, Steve, ed. (2007). Legends: The great players of Blackpool FC (1 ed.). Blackpool: Blackpool Gazette. ISBN 978-1-84547-182-8.