June 29, 1949 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Occupation||Chairman, Carnival Corporation & plc|
Micky Arison (born June 29, 1949) is an Israeli-born American businessman. From 1979 until 2013, he was Chief Executive Officer of Carnival Corporation, the world's largest cruise operator, and owner of the NBA's Miami Heat. On June 25, 2013, Carnival Corporation announced Arison was being replaced as CEO by Arnold W. Donald, who had served on the company's board for 12 years. Arison continues to serve as chairman of the board.
Micky Arison is the son of Ted Arison, co-founder of the Carnival Corporation, with Meshulam Riklis. His sister is Shari Arison He also has a brother named Kames Arison. He resides in Bal Harbour, Florida. Arison owns two 200 foot yachts which he uses as homes. He attended the University of Miami but dropped out.
In 2011, Forbes magazine calculated Arison's wealth at $5.9 billion, making him the 169th wealthiest person in the world. In 2009, he earned $7,201,110, which included a base salary of $880,000, a cash bonus of $2,206,116, stocks granted of $3,618,481, and other compensation totaling $496,513.
- http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/54/rich-list-09_Micky-Arison_OAU8.html Forbes - #56 Micky Arison - The Forbes 400 Richest Americans 2009
- 2009 CEO Compensation for Micky Arison, Equilar
- "Directory: Micky Arison". NBA.com. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Micky Arison on Twitter
- Micky Arison profile at Forbes "World's Richest People".
- Highlights on Micky Arison