June 29, 1949 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Occupation||Chairman, Carnival Corporation & plc; Owner, Miami Heat (NBA)|
|Net worth||US$7.1 billion (March 2015)|
Micky Arison (born June 29, 1949) is an Israeli-born American businessman and chairman of Carnival Corporation, the world's largest cruise operator. From 1979 until 2013, he also served as CEO until he was replaced in June 2013 by Arnold W. Donald, who had served on the company's board for 12 years. Arison is also the owner of the NBA's Miami Heat.
Micky Arison is the son of Ted Arison, co-founder of Carnival Corporation, with Meshulam Riklis. His sister is Shari Arison. He also has a brother named Kames Arison. He resides in Bal Harbour, Florida. Arison owns two 200 foot yachts which he uses as homes. He attended the University of Miami but dropped out.
In 2011, Forbes magazine calculated Arison's wealth at $5.9 billion, making him the 169th wealthiest person in the world. In 2009, he earned $7,201,110, which included a base salary of $880,000, a cash bonus of $2,206,116, stocks granted of $3,618,481, and other compensation totaling $496,513.
- "Micky Arison". Forbes. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "The world's 50 Richest Jews: 31-40". The Jerusalem Post. October 24, 2014.
- "Micky Arison, Miami Heat Owner, Steps Down As CEO Of Carnival Corporation". The Huffington Post. June 25, 2013.
- "#56 Micky Arison - The Forbes 400 Richest Americans 2009". Forbes. September 30, 2009.
- 2009 CEO Compensation for Micky Arison, Equilar
- "Directory: Micky Arison". NBA.com. Retrieved 2013-04-26.