June 29, 1949 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Occupation||Chairman, Carnival Corporation & plc; Owner, Miami Heat (NBA)|
|Net worth||US$6.1 billion (2014)|
Micky Arison (born June 29, 1949) is an Israeli-born American businessman and chairman of Carnival Corporation, the world's largest cruise operator. From 1979 until 2013, he also served as CEO until he was replaced in June 2013 by Arnold W. Donald, who had served on the company's board for 12 years. Arison is also the owner of the NBA's Miami Heat.
Micky Arison is the son of Ted Arison, co-founder of Carnival Corporation, with Meshulam Riklis. His sister is Shari Arison. He also has a brother named Kames Arison. He resides in Bal Harbour, Florida. Arison owns two 200 foot yachts which he uses as homes. He attended the University of Miami but dropped out.
In 2011, Forbes magazine calculated Arison's wealth at $5.9 billion, making him the 169th wealthiest person in the world. In 2009, he earned $7,201,110, which included a base salary of $880,000, a cash bonus of $2,206,116, stocks granted of $3,618,481, and other compensation totaling $496,513.
Micky Arison has been the owner of the Miami Heat since 1995. Arison's Miami Heat won the 2006 NBA Finals, 2012 NBA Finals, and 2013 NBA Finals.  Miami had made the playoffs only twice in the years before Arison became the team's owner (and did not win a series in either postseason) but the Heat have made the playoffs for 16 out of 19 years, also reaching seven Eastern Conference Finals and five NBA Finals.
- "#232 Micky Arison". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "The world's 50 Richest Jews: 31-40". The Jerusalem Post. October 24, 2014.
- "Micky Arison, Miami Heat Owner, Steps Down As CEO Of Carnival Corporation". The Huffington Post. June 25, 2013.
- "#56 Micky Arison - The Forbes 400 Richest Americans 2009". Forbes. September 30, 2009.
- 2009 CEO Compensation for Micky Arison, Equilar
- "Directory: Micky Arison". NBA.com. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Micky Arison on Twitter
- Micky Arison profile at Forbes "World's Richest People".
- Highlights on Micky Arison