28 September 1951 |
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates |
|Occupation||Chairman, Landmark International (Dubai)|
|Known for||Landmark retail stores|
|Net worth||US$ 4 billion ~ INR over 21,000 Crore(2013)|
Early life and education
His first company was a family company diversified into leisure, food, hotels and electronics and its own logistics and distribution, today it employs around 28,000 people and has more than 1000 stores across the Gulf, Levant & India .
He is a college dropout, drove a taxi in London before moving to Bahrain and taking over his deceased family's baby products shop. Over the years his Landmark Group moved to Dubai and expanded into fashion, electronics, furniture and budget hotels in Middle East and Southeast Asia. Owns stake in Saks. Sponsors Indian charities, including orphanage in Chennai and Mumbai.
In 2008, Jagtiani now a billionaire mall developer and the Chairman, Landmark International, Dubai-based retail group, bought six percent stake in UK high-street retailer Debenhams, and also entered the Forbes list of billionaires in 2008, and the 16th richest Indian with a net worth of USD 2 billion. Micky Jagtiani a billionaire expanding his business empire from the Gulf to China.
In 2000, he established in 2000 s LIFE (Landmark International Foundation of Empowerment), to support underprivileged children in India, through school and healthcare development programmes, homes for destitute children, vocational and non-formal schools, community clinics and medical camps for slum-dwellers and an old age home Chennai.
He is married to Renuka who oversees Splash, his company's fashion line, and they have two daughters and one son.
He was ranked 329 by the Forbes in List of world billionaires - 2013 with net worth $4 billion. 
- "The World's Billionaires: #462 Micky Jagtiani". Forbes.com. 03.05.08.
- "The World's Richest People:Revenge of the Ne'er-Do-Well". Forbes.com. March 24, 2008.
- "CEOs Without College Degrees. url=http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/05/0522_no_college_ceos/11.htm". Business Week. April 5, 2009.
- 19# Mukesh Jagtiani:50 most influential expatriates Arab Business.
- ["India's Richest: #13 Micky Jagtiani". Forbes.com. 11.12.08.
- "Mukesh Ambani richest Indian in Forbes list". Indian Express. Nov 13, 2008.
- "Talking shop". Business Management.
- "Profile @ Forbes". Forbes.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|