From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up micro- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Micro, from the Greek μικρός (mikrós), means "small". It can be used to indicate a smaller than average scale (microscopic scale), as opposed to prefixes mega and macro, which can be used to indicate a larger than average scale.
Micro may refer to:
- micro- (µ) a prefix in the SI and other systems of units denoting a factor of 10−6 (one millionth)
- MICRO Information Management System, an early set-theoretic database management system
- Micro programming language, a simple programming language used in teaching compiler construction techniques
- Micro, a mostly-obsolete term for a microcomputer
- Micro cell, a common AAA-sized battery
- Micro (band), a Thai rock band
- Micro (car), the first car company from Sri Lanka
- Micro (novel), a novel written by Michael Crichton and Richard Preston
- Micro (wrestler), a Japanese professional wrestler
- Micro, North Carolina
- Mikro, a Greek electronic music group
- International Symposium on Microarchitecture, one of the most important academic conference on computer architecture
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.