|Traded as||TWSE: 2377|
|Headquarters||Zhonghe District, New Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Joseph Xu (Chairman)|
|Products||Notebooks, Motherboards, Video Cards, Barebone, Consumer Electronics, Servers, Industrial Computing, All-in-One PC,|
|Revenue||TW$73.95 billion / $2.465 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd or MSI (Chinese: 微星科技股份有限公司) is a Taiwanese multinational information technology corporation headquartered in New Taipei City, Taiwan. It designs, develops and provides computer hardware, related products and services, including laptops, motherboards, graphics cards, All-in-One PCs, servers, industrial computers, PC peripherals, car infotainment products, etc. After its GT780DXR gaming notebook was awarded the International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards, its best-known products remain to be the GAMING Series ever since. 
MSI GAMING Series
According to information on MSI official website, its GAMING series features laptops, motherboards, graphic cards, All-in-One PCs and gaming peripherals designed for gamers, power users and all. Said to incorporate high-end, durable components that have passed rigorous military class certification tests, the GAMING series has garnered generally favorable reviews and quite a few awards.
- GT series - Enthusiastic gaming platform
- GS series - Ultra slim and gaming platform
- GE series - Mainstream gaming platform
- GP series - On-Line gaming platform
MSI was established in August 1986 in Jhonghe, Taipei by 5 founders – Xu Xiang (a.k.a. Joseph Xu), Huang Jinqing (a.k.a. Jeans Huang), Lin Wentong (a.k.a. Frank Lin), You Xian'neng (a.k.a. Kenny Yu), and Lu Qilong (a.k.a. Henry Lu). MSI first concentrated on developing and manufacturing computer motherboards and graphics cards. In 1987, the company produced the first overclocking motherboard.
In 2008, MSI established FUNTORO, a subsidiary, providing comprehensive IT solutions for vehicle infotainment, passenger information system, and operations control in the field of public transit services.
- MSI introduced the first overclockable 286 motherboard
- MSI introduced the first 486/586 motherboard
- MSI introduced Dual Pentium Pro-based motherboard (MS-5129)
- MSI introduced the Intel Pentium II-based motherboard with Intel MMX Technology built-on board, along with the first graphics card product (MS-4413), and the first barebone product
- MSI inaugurated its Plant I in Jung-He city
- MSI became a public company as it went on IPO (Initial Public Offering) on the Taipei Stock Exchange (TAIEX)
- MSI introduced the first Socket 7 based motherboard (MS-5169)
- MSI Computer (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. was founded
- MSI inaugurated its Plant III in Jung-He city
- MSI introduced the first Set-Top Box product
- MSI Electronics (Kunshan) Co., Ltd. was founded
- MSI introduced the first PC2PC Bluetooth & WLAN motherboard
- MSI introduced the first Pen Tablet PC product (PenNote3100).
- MSI introduced the first Notebook product (M510C)
- MSI’s annual NB shipment topped 100K
- MSI introduced the first solar-powered notebook and MP3 player product (Concept Product)
- MSI introduced the first Industrial Computing product
- MSI introduced the first OC Notebook & world’s first crystal Collection Notebook
- MSI motherboard won the “Best Choice of COMPUTEX 2007” Awards
- MSI Notebook (PR200) won the “Red Dot Award: Product Design 2007”
- MSI introduced the first Anion Notebook (Concept Product)
- MSI introduced the first Professional Portable Electrocardiogram
- MSI introduced the first 10” Netbook
- MSI introduced the first Car Infotainment
- MSI introduced the first Hybrid Storage Netbook
- MSI was ranked among the Top 20 Taiwan Global Brands
- MSI introduced first Ultra Slim Notebook (X320)
- MSI introduced the first All-in-One PC (AP1900)
- MSI Netbook & Car Infotainment product won the Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009 Awards
- MSI introduced the Military Class motherboard series
- MSI X620 Notebook and Wind U160 Netbook won the iF Product Design Awards
- MSI introduced the first 24” 3D All-in-One PC
- MSI Wind Top AE2220 won the prestigious CeBIT Preview Awards for 2010.
- MSI Motherboard & Car Infotainment product won the Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2010 Awards.
- MSI Notebook (X360) won the Buyers’ Choice Awards in COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2010.
- MSI introduced the first SSI Blade Server.
- MSI N460GTX Hawk Graphics Card won the 2011 CES Innovations Awards.
- MSI won one of Top 100 Taiwan Brands, distinguished among 500 brands.
- MSI introduced the first PCI Express Gen 3 motherboard
- MSI Z68A-GD80(G3) motherboard & GT780DXR notebook won the 2012 CES Innovations Awards.
- MSI GT70 gaming laptop won the Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2012 Awards and the Media’s Choice Awards.
- MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard won the Tom’s Hardware Awards.
- MSI won the 2013 CES Innovations Awards with the GT70 Dragon Edition notebook and the N680GTX Lightning graphics card.
- MSI was awarded from Taiwan Excellence for 15 consecutive years.
- The Z87-GD65 GAMING is the No. 1 and only Best Choice Golden Awarded motherboard. – COMPUTEX 2013
- The Funtoro HD MOD vehicle infotainment system won the Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2013 Awards.
- List of companies of Taiwan
- Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS)
- Gigabyte Technology
- MSI Wind Netbook
- MSI Wind PC
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Micro-Star International.|