The typical falconets, Microhierax, are a genus of bird of prey in the Falconidae family. They are found in southeast Asia and the smallest members of Falconiformes, averaging about 15 cm (5.9 in) in length and 35 g (1.2 oz) in weight. The smallest members of the genus are the relatively widespread Black-thighed Falconet, and the White-fronted Falconet on the island of Borneo.
- Collared Falconet, Microhierax caerulescens
- Black-thighed Falconet, Microhierax fringillarius
- White-fronted Falconet, Microhierax latifrons
- Philippine Falconet, Microhierax erythrogenys
- Pied Falconet, Microhierax melanoleucus
|This Falconiformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|