Microsoft India PL
|Key people||Bhaskar Pramanik (Chairman)|
Microsoft India Private Limited is a subsidiary of American software company Microsoft Corporation, headquartered in Hyderabad, India. The company first entered the Indian market in 1990 and has since worked closely with the Indian government, the IT industry, academia and the local developer community to usher in some of the early successes in the IT market. Microsoft currently has offices in the 13 cities of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Pune. Increasingly, the company has become a key IT partner of the Indian government and industry, supporting and fueling the growth of the local IT industry through its partner enablement programs. Since its entry into India, Microsoft has focused on three key objectives:
- To become a key IT partner of the Indian government and the local IT industry
- To support and fuel growth of the local IT industry through its partner enablement programs
- To use the Microsoft Unlimited Potential program to enhance education, jobs and opportunities and foster innovation through relevant, affordable access to computing.
Microsoft in India employs about 5,000 people and has six business units representing the complete Microsoft product portfolio. Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman of Microsoft India, announced that Microsoft intends to provide free internet connectivity across India.
Microsoft India operates the following six business units in India.
- Microsoft India Sales Marketing and Services Group (SMSG)
- Microsoft Research India (MSR)
- Microsoft Global Services India (MGSI)
- Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC)
- Microsoft IT India (MSIT)
- Microsoft Global Technology Support Center (GTSC)
Microsoft India Development Center
Located in Hyderabad, the Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) is Microsoft’s largest software development center outside of their headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The MSIDC teams focus on strategic and IP sensitive software product development.
|This section is outdated. (May 2011)|
In January 2007 Microsoft India announced plans to strengthen its foothold in the country through the opening offices in six major Indian cities. Microsoft says that these plans are in keeping with the company's vision to empower a broad section of small and mid-market organizations to better understand the role technology can play in driving growth and competitiveness of local industry in both the local and global arena. Offices will be shortly opened in Ahmedabad, Indore, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Cochin, and Coimbatore.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Microsoft India PL.|
- UPDATE: Microsoft India: Good Early Response To Windows 7 - WSJ.com
- Microsoft plans to provide free internet access across India
- "About Us - Microsoft in India". Microsoft.com. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Microsoft Showcase: Microsoft India Development Center
- Tech2.com India > Microsoft India Announces Plans to Expand > News on General General