System Center Advisor
|Microsoft System Center Advisor|
Type of site
|Web application (system software)|
Microsoft System Center Advisor (SCA; formerly Codename Atlanta), is a commercial software as a service offering from Microsoft Corporation that helps change or assess the configuration of Microsoft Servers software over the Internet. It is part of Microsoft System Center brand.
System Center Advisor consists of a web service, an agent that collects data (an on-premises computer program) and a gateway (another on-premise component) that communicates with the service on behalf of the agent. The agent component needs to be installed on each server and the gateway needs to be installed in the same computer network. Once the agent, gateway and web service are properly configured, an administrator may use the web service to manage the configuration of the affected servers from any physical location that has an Internet.
System Center Advisor reached general availability in January 2012, having spent ten months in release candidate stage. It was made available in 26 countries through Microsoft Software Assurance offering, although it was possible to test-drive this service for 60 days. As of January 2013[update], it is a free service that supports:
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Exchange Server 2010 and later
- Lync Server 2010 and later
- SharePoint Server 2010 and later
- SQL Server 2008 and later
Apart from the supported products, the System Center Advisor agent needs .NET Framework 3.5. The web service currently supports Internet Explorer 7 and later or Firefox 3.5 and later. It requires Microsoft Silverlight version 4.0 or later.
- Mackie, Kurt (30 January 2012). "UPDATE: System Center Advisor Service Now Available". Redmond Magazine (Media Inc). Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Schnackenburg, Paul (13 June 2011). "Microsoft System Center Advisor – Part 1: Overview and installation". 4sysops. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Deploy System Center Advisor". System Center Advisor Help. Microsoft. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Marius, Oiaga (25 March 2011). "System Center Advisor RC Now Live". Softpedia. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "System Center Advisor Try It". TechNet. Microsoft. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
System Center Advisor is a free service available to Microsoft customers in supporting countries.
- "What is System Center Advisor?". System Center Advisor Help. Microsoft. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "System Center Advisor System Requirements". System Center Advisor Help. Microsoft. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
|This article related to Microsoft is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|