Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport Launch Pad 0
LP-0B (left) and LP-0A (center, with the large water tower)
|Launch site||MARS (WFF)|
|Pad A (LP-0A) launch history|
|First launch||23 October 1995|
|Last launch||18 September 2013|
|Pad B (LP-0B) launch history|
|First launch||16 December 2006|
|Last launch||8 September 2013|
|Associated rockets||Minotaur I (active)
Minotaur IV (future)
Launch Pad 0, Pad 0 or LP-0, also known as Launch Complex 0, Launch Area 0 or LA-0, is a launch complex at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) on Wallops Island, Virginia in the United States. MARS is located at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility, which ran the complex until 2003, and continues to support the facility and oversee launches.
The launch complex consists of two individual launch pads, LP-0A and LP-0B.
LP-0A was first built for the failed Conestoga rocket program. The original launch tower was subsequently demolished in September 2008. A new pad facility was built from 2009-2011 for Orbital Sciences Taurus II, now renamed Antares. Pad modifications for Antares included the construction of a Horizontal Integration Facility for launcher/payload mating and a wheeled transporter/erector that will roll out and erect the rocket on its launch pad about 24 hours prior to launch. The first launch of Antares occurred on April 21, 2013.
The pad was reinforced with pilings and features a liquid fueling facility, flame trench, and deluge system for cooling and sound suppression. The pad is capable of supporting gross liftoff weight 453.6 metric tons (1,000,000 lb) and can launch payloads of up to 5,035 kilograms (11,100 lb) into low-earth orbit 
LP-0B became operational in 1999, and was subsequently upgraded in 2003 with the construction of a mobile service tower, which was completed in 2004. It is active, and is currently used by Minotaur rockets. The first launch from LP-0B was of a Minotaur I in December 2006, and was the first launch from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport.
- "Commercial Space Transportation License LSO-02-007". FAA. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Facility Access Plan". Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS). p. 1.2.2. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Wade, Mark. "Wallops Island LA0A". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- "Launch Tower Demolition". GMB. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- Kyle, Ed (2011-05-14). "TaConurus 2". Space Launch Report. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
- "NASA Partner Orbital Sciences Test Launches Antares Rocket". NASA. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "MARS Launch Pad 0A". Orbital Sciences.
- "Facilities". Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport. Retrieved 2009-01-21.[dead link]
- "Launch Pad 0-B". Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport. Retrieved 2009-01-21.[dead link]
- Wade, Mark. "Wallops Island LA0B". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2009-01-21.
- Wade, Mark. "Wallops Island LA0 HAD". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2009-01-21.