MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
Gregory E. Abel serves as president, chairman and CEO. David L. Sokol was CEO until 2008.
MidAmerican holds the following companies:
- MidAmerican Energy Company
- MidAmerican Renewables
- Northern Power Grid formerly CE Electric UK
- Integrated Utility Services UK
- CalEnergy Generation
- Kern River Gas Transmission Company
- Northern Natural Gas Company
- HomeServices of America
- BYD Company (10% of outstanding shares)
On September 18, 2008, MidAmerican announced $26.50-a-share cash offer to purchase Constellation Energy, a FORTUNE 125 company with 2007 revenues of $21 billion and the nation's largest competitive supplier of electricity to large commercial and industrial customers and largest wholesale power seller. However, the deal did not take place.
MidAmerican is discussing with BYD Auto how to set up a U.S. dealer network for the F6DM plug-in hybrid electric car, which would likely go head to head with offerings from Toyota, General Motors, Ford and Chrysler.
- "Buffett Pays $5.6 Billion for Vegas Utility, Bulks Up in West". CNBC. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|