From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Midden is an old dump for domestic waste associated with past human occupation.
|Look up midden or middens in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Midden may also refer to:
- Packrat midden, a debris pile constructed by a woodrat
- Privy midden, a toilet system that consisted of a privy associated with a midden (or middenstead)
- Midden (slang), in Scotland and Northern England, refers to anything that is a mess, including people
- Midden (farming), a place where farm yard manure from cows or other animals is collected
- Midden (burrow), ground burrows that are used mostly for food storage
- Dung midden, an animal toilet area or dunghill, also serving as a territorial marker
- Midden (anvil), sites where rocks or similar items are available as natural anvils on which the animals habitually break open the shells
- Octopus midden, a pile of debris that octopi pile up to conceal the entrance of their dens
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.