Middleton shown within Suffolk
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Middleton is a village in Suffolk, England. It is located approximately 3 miles (5 km) north-west of Leiston, 5 miles (8 km) north east of Saxmundham and 3 miles (5 km) from the Suffolk coast. The village is on the B1122 2 miles (3 km) east of Yoxford and had a population of 359 at the 2001 census.
The parish church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The village has one pub, the Bell Inn owned by Adnams Brewery, and until the last decade the village had a post office. The nearest post office now is located in the village of Westleton. Middleton primary school currently caters for children aged 5 to 9 years old.
- Middleton cum Fordley Parish Council. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- Neighbourhood Statistics: Suffolk Coastal 2001 Census Dataset. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- Holy Trinity, Middleton The Suffolk Churches site, July 2010. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- The Bell Inn Profile, Camra, Suffolk. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- Middleton CP School, Suffolk County Council Profile. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/michael-hamburger-452643.html Michael Hamburger Obituary
Media related to Middleton, Suffolk at Wikimedia Commons
|This Suffolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|