Middleton Island is a small, uninhabited island in the U.S. state of Alaska, located in the Pacific Ocean approximately 80 miles (130 km) southwest of Cordova. The island was briefly home to Middleton Island Air Force Station, an early warning radar station, from 1958 until the station's closure in 1963. The island now hosts the unattended Middleton Island Airport and a NEXRAD weather radar.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Middleton Island
- Fussell, E.B. (September 1, 1955). "Army Racing Winter in North". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Information for Middleton Island AFS, AK". Radomes, Inc. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Middleton Island (airport).
- FAA Airport Master Record for MDO ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 25, 2011.
- "WSR-88D Radar List (156 sites)" (PDF). National Weather Service. June 27, 2011. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
|This Alaska location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|