Midge Gillies is a British journalist and biographer. Educated at Girton College, Cambridge, she has written extensively for newspapers including The Guardian and the Los Angeles Times and is the author of seven books, including biographies of the British music hall star Marie Lloyd and the pioneer woman aviator Amy Johnson. Gillies is married and lives in Ely.
- The Wedding Book. Bloomsbury, 1997. ISBN 0-297-82982-3.
- Business Writing. Marshall Publishing, 1999. ISBN 1-84028-281-9.
- Marie Lloyd: The One and Only. Gollancz, 1999. ISBN 0-575-06420-X.
- Amy Johnson: Queen of the Air. Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2003. ISBN 0-297-82982-3.
- Waiting For Hitler: Voices From Britain on the Brink of Invasion. Hodder & Stoughton, 2006. ISBN 0-340-83798-5
- How to write Memoir & Biographies. Guardian News & Media), 2008.
- Writing Lives: Literary Biography. Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- The Barbed-Wire University: The Real Lives of Allied Prisoners of War in the Second World War Aurum, 2011.
|This article about a non-fiction writer from the United Kingdom or one of its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|