|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2014)|
The Midnight Classic is an annual non-competitive bike ride in Memphis, Tennessee. The 17 miles (27 km) ride begins at midnight and travels through Overton Park, East Memphis, Midtown and Central Gardens. Currently in its 15th year, the race is the largest cycling tour in the Memphis area. More than 2,000 people attended the 2013 race, which took place on August 24, 2013. The event charges preregistration fees ranging from $20–$40, which includes a t-shirt and a meal after the race (which most finished around 2am). The fastest time is 59 minutes and 51 seconds. The 2014 Ride is scheduled for August 23, 2014. People interested in this event can go here to learn more about it and register to ride.
The event is preceded by the Lunar Festival, which begins at 10 p.m. and runs throughout the bike tour. The festival includes food provided by vendors, music by local artists, and booths from various bike shops in Memphis. Proceeds from both the Lunar Festival and the bike tour itself benefit Meritan, a Memphis-based non-profit providing health, social and child placement services.
Participants in the tour are allowed to ride in the road, and both Memphis police and Midnight Classic volunteers act to divert traffic, providing cyclists with empty roads and clear paths for the entire 17 mile ride. There are also several "rest stops" along the ride, which are gas stations with food and drinks available.
After the event, a meal is arranged and all riders are able to eat food provided as part of the registration. The 2014 meal will include food from Central BBQ. Trophies are also awarded to the "largest organized group of people" at the event, the person with the "best costume", and the "best bicycle decoration." 
- "Midnight Classic Bike Tour is this Saturday night | Community Spirit | East Memphis News". Eastmemphis.wmctv.com. 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Midnight Classic now largest cycling event in Memphis". GoMemphis.com. 2012-08-23. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Meritan Midnight Classic in Memphis, TN | Running Map". MapMyRUN. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- Murtaugh, Frank. "Midnight Classic Bike Tour | Poplar Plaza Shopping Center | Fund-raisers, Miscellaneous Fun". Memphis Flyer. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "August 25: 2012 Midnight Classic Bike Tour". The Commercial Appeal. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Choose901 – Meritan Midnight Classic Bike Tour". Choose901.com. 2012-08-16. Retrieved 2012-09-02.