Midorii Station (緑井駅 Midorii-eki?) is a JR West Kabe Line station located in 2-chōme, Midorii, Asaminami-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. Midorii Station is the largest station within Asaminami-ku.
- 1910-12-18: Midorii Station opens
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Midorii Station becomes a JR West station
Midorii Station features one island-style platform capable of handling two lines simultaneously. Due to the increase in the volume of passengers going to Furuichibashi Station and Ōmachi Station with the opening of the Astram Line, the platform style at Midorii Station was changed from a single station-side platform to an island-style platform, making room for facilities which allowed trains to bypass the station without disrupting the increased regular station traffic.
Additionally, major development of the area, including a roundabout, a large parking lot, a new bus stop, and the opening of the new Midorii Tenmaya department store 100m from the front of the station. Despite being the largest station in Asaminami-ku, Midorii Station is very simple in design and size when compared to Ōmachi Station and Shimo-Gion Station.
- Hiroshima Hiroshima Shimo-Midorii Post Office (no ATM)
- Hiroshima Municipal Kawauchi Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Midorii Elementary School
- Hiroshima Asa Junior High School
- FujiGrand Midorii
- Midorii Tenmaya
- Hiroshima Bank
- Momiji Bank
- Hiroshima Credit Union
- ATMs: Asaminami Post Office, Hiroshima Bank, Momiji Bank
- JR West Geibi Line Akiyaguchi Station is located about 1.5km east of Midorii Station
- Sanyō Expressway Interchange
- Japan National Route 54
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 38 (Hiroshima-Toyohira Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 269 (Imaida-Midorii Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 270 (Yagi-Midorii Route)
- Kabe Line
- Commuter Liner
- (Japanese) JR West