Midtown Crossing at Turner Park
|Midtown Crossing at Turner Park|
Condos in Midtown Crossing surround the west end of Turner Park.
|Opening||May 19, 2010|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Holland Basham Architects & Cope Linder Architects|
|Developer||ECI Investment Advisors|
|Structural engineer||Nielsen-Baumert Engineering|
Midtown Crossing at Turner Park is a million square-foot, seven-building, mixed-use development located in Midtown Omaha, Nebraska. Its borders are 31st to 33rd streets and Dodge to Harney streets. Downtown Omaha is to the east and the University of Nebraska Medical Center campus, as well as the headquarters for Mutual of Omaha, Berkshire Hathaway and Kiewit corporations are all located directly west of the development. Midtown Crossing at Turner Park is one of the largest initiatives of Destination Midtown, a collaborative community partnership aimed at developing Midtown Omaha back to its original prominence. The official opening was May 19, 2010.
This new urban development combines condos and apartments with retail, dining, and entertainment all built around 6 acres (24,000 m2) of green space known as Turner Park. There are over 400 total apartments and condos among four buildings. The development includes an Element by Westin Hotel, grocery store, movie cinema, fitness club, and several regional and national retail and dining establishments. The development is also home to two new business concepts, Callahan Financial Planning and The Grey Plume.   As of September 2010 seventy-five percent of Midtown Crossing is leased with 21 retailers.   In July 2010 Turner Park took over as host of Omaha's annual Jazz on the Green festival which had been held at the Joslyn Art Museum for the previous 25 years.
Midtown Crossing at Turner Park is owned by East Campus Realty, a subsidiary of Mutual of Omaha. It is being developed and designed by ECI Investment Advisors in conjunction with Holland Basham Architects and Cope Linder Architects.
Midtown Crossing at Turner Park is the only development in Nebraska or Iowa that is participating in the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED (LEED) Pilot Neighborhood Development Certification Program. LEED is a program that recognizes projects that reduce urban sprawl and enhance the quality of life in their communities.
- "Midtown Crossing is now open", Omaha World Herald'. Retrieved 9/12/10.
- "Midtown Crossing at Turner Park Home Page", midtowncrossing.com'. Retrieved 9/12/10.
- "Destination Midtown", destinationmidtown.com'. Retrieved 10/08/08.
- "History of Turner Park", midtowncrossing.com'. Retrieved 9/12/10.
- "Retail/Dining", midtowncrossing.com'. Retrieved 9/12/10.
- "New Financial Planning Concept Begins Construction at Midtown Crossing" July 27, 2010
- "The Grey Plume Earns Unprecedented Distinction, Grand Opening Set for Dec. 10" 2010
- "Delice Bakery Set to Reopen", KPTM.com. Retrieved 9/12/10.
- "Midtown Crossing Retail Directory" as Retrieved 02/19/11.
- "Turner's green to host jazz", Omaha.com. Retrieved 7/10/10.