Midwest Christian Outreach
Midwest Christian Outreach, Inc (MCOI), is a non-denominational, evangelical organization. It is a "a big Chicago support group that encourages people to leave cults" and "an apologetics ministry in suburban Chicago."
It has branches in Lohrville, Iowa; Salisbury, North Carolina; Scranton, Kansas; and Spring Hill, Florida.
Its mission statement: "Midwest Christian Outreach, Inc., is a non-denominational, evangelical organization that exists to intelligently present and compassionately defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially to those who consciously reject it due to false beliefs, and to challenge and equip believing Christians to do the same."
Since 1995, MCOI has produced a self-published journal which is mailed out three to four times a year. It is also available online in Adobe PDF format called the Midwest Christian Outreach Journal. The journal consists of three or four articles each issue, with either Don Veinot or his wife writing at least one article each time, and a small group of other people that are frequent contributors.
- Mission, Case and Vision Statements of Midwest Christian Outreach
- Dugan, Ianthe Jeanne (2000-10-30). "Church Lady of Diet Weighs In On Trinity and Her Flock Flees". The Wall Street Journal (Dow Jones & Company). Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- "'Boston movement' founder quits: facing growth problems, controversial group changes leadership structure". Christianity Today. 2003-03-01. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Branch Offices of Midwest Christian Outreach
- "Former atheist to share thoughts on questioning faith.(Neighbor)". Daily Herald. 2005-08-06. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Board of Directors, Midwest Christian Outreach
- The Midwest Christian Outreach Journal
- Welcome to Midwest Christian Outreach, Christian Apologetics and Counter-Cult Ministry
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|