|Full name||Migjen Xhevat Basha|
|Date of birth||5 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Torino (on loan)||36||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 April 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Migjen Xhevat Basha (born 5 January 1987) is an Albanian footballer playing for Torino in the Serie A and the Albania national football team. Migjen is the elder brother of Vullnet Basha, who plays for Sion in the Swiss Super League and also part of the Albania national football team.
Basha was born in Lausanne to Kosovar Albanian parents who were originally from Suva Reka . He went to Suva Reka for the first time in his early childhood to learn Albanian and went to school there for two to three years and returned to Lausanne before the Kosovo war broke out. During the war, Suva Reka was burned to the ground and Basha's uncle was killed. Those events had left a profound mark on his life.
Basha started youth career at Lausanne. In 2004 Basha gained entry on the first team. He made it his first professional debut at the age 18, on 16 July 2005 for the 2005–06 season match finished in the victory 5–4 over Winterthur, were he came in as a substitute in the 60th minute in place of Patrick Isabella. He scored first goal in the 3rd match appearance 2 weeks later, on 30 July 2005 in the victory 4–1 against Luzern were Basha came in once again as a substitute in place of his team-mate Patrick Isabella in the 68th minute and scored in the 88th goal of the time result 3–1.
For the second half of the 2005–06 season he moved to Italy for Lucchese in the Serie C1. He played in 5 matches until the end of the season. He played for Lucchese in 8 matches in the 2006–07 season.
For the second half of the 2007–08 season he moved to Rimini. Basha played 12 games for Rimini in the second half of the 2007–08 season, since he made his debut on 2 February 2008 in the away victory 0–1 against Bari, coming on as a substitute in the 77th minute.
Basha debuted with a goal in the start of the 2008–09 season as on 17 August 2008 he appeared for Rimini against Ravenna Calcio in the Coppa Italia and scored a goal, were the match finished in the draw 3–3 and also advanced to the penalty shoot-out were Basha missed a penalty and the result finished in the penalty loss 5–7. Basha debuted with a goal also in the Serie B, as on 29 August 2008 he scored the equalising goal against Parma and gave his team the away draw 1–1. He managed to score another two goals in the month February against Treviso on 7 February finished in the draw 2–2 and on 28 February Ancona in the victory 2–1. Basha played 38 games and scored 3 goals in the 2008–09 Serie B, also played in two-legged match against Ancona, were the first leg played on 6 June 2009 finished in the draw 1–1, and the second leg played a week later on 13 June finished in the loss 0–1 and on this way Rimini were relegated.
Basha transferring to Serie B mid table club, Frosinone Calcio. Basha made his first appearance for Frosinone on 21 August 2009 against Salernitana, where he scored his first goal for the club and the match finished in the victory 1–2. Basha would go on to make thirty eight appearances for the club and score three times. Basha helped Frosinone reach the 4th round of the Coppa Italia and scored a goal against A.S. Varese
In June 2010, Atalanta, who had just been relegated from the Serie A, acquired his services from Frosinone. Basha made his debut for Atalanta on 21 August 2010 against Vicenza playing full 90-minutes, as the match finished in the victory 2–0. Until the end of the 2010–11 he played 7 matches as a starter and in total 23 appearances for Atalanta.
He moved on loan to Torino F.C. also in the Serie B for the 2011–12 season. He made his debut on 27 August 2011 against Ascoli in the victory 1–2. Basha scored first goal on 10 December 2011 against Pescara in the 4–2 victory were Basha scored the opening match goal. In the 2011–12 season, Basha made a total of 36 appearances for Torino, scoring 2 goals in the Serie B and helped the team reach 2nd place, resulting in promotion to the Serie A.
In July 2012, Torino turned his loan deal from Atalanta into the permanent deal. Basha made his debut in the Serie A as a permanent player on 26 August 2012, against AC Siena in the draw 0–0. Basha scored his first goal in the Serie A on the 28 October 2012 against Parma in the match finished in the loss 1–3. He finished the 2012–13 season mading in total 21 appearances and 1 goal.
Basha started the 2013–14 season with match against Sassuolo on 25 August 2013, match finished in the victory 2–0, where Basha assisted the second goal scored by Alessio Cerci in the 63rd minute. On 13 April 2014 Basha played as a starter against Genoa and he got substituted off in the 57th minute as he suffered an injury and that was the last match for it as he finished the season 5 weeks before the last match of the season's end due to the injury in his left foot, were Basha althougt returned to the team training session but he couldn't avoid surgical intervention for his achilles tendon injury. 
Basha finished the 2013–14 season with 24 league appearances and Torino finished in the 7th place with a total of 57 points, only 1 point behind of Parma wich secured the last place advancing in the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League, a place wich Torino lost it only in the closing match of the season, where they taked only a 2–2 draw against Fiorentina also with Alessio Cerci missing an important penalty kick in the 3rd minute of the stoppage time, where in the other side Parma won 2–0 over Livorno. But this was not the end, cause on 29 May 2014 Torino among with Basha received good newses, as they noticed to take Parma's place in the 2014–15 Europa League, after Parma were banned by UEFA for not grant a Uefa licence, where they anyway had lodged an appeal to the high court, but it refused to overturn the decision, after they were judged to have withheld a figure of just under €300,000 in income tax.
On 30 June 2014, during the Summer transfers period, media reported that Basha could leave Torino due to his place in the starting line up, as Torino were looking forward to transfer the AC Milan midflielder Antonio Nocerino and if he comes, Basha will leave as he have received offers from his birth-place Switzerland clubs.
Although capped for Switzerland at youth levels, Basha declared that he wanted to play for Albania. In July 2010 he applied for an Albanian passport in order to be eligible to play for the "Red and Blacks", but the Swiss Football Association did not agree that Basha be able to play for another nation. After that Basha publicly declared that he will never play for Switzerland, but only for Albania. On 30 July 2012 it was reported that Basha would start the procedures to get an Albanian passport, which will allow him to play for Albania, whereas on 21 August 2012 it was reported that Basha has acquired the Albanian citizenship, but FIFA has not cleared him yet to play for Albania. FIFA once ruled out the switch of nationality by outside his country of birth (or parent and grandparent's country of birth), however had opened the door for Irish from Northern Ireland to represent Republic of Ireland, which may apply to ethnic minority outside the boundary of modern political border.
Basha was convocated for the first time by Albania on 15 March 2013 for the match against Norway. On 19 March 2013 Basha and the Albanian Football Association (FSHF) received the go ahead from FIFA that Migjen Basha was allowed to play for Albania On 22 March 2013 Basha debuted with Albania coincided in a 0–1 victory against Norway in Oslo, match valid for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification. He scored his first goal on 26 March 2013 in a friendly match against Lithuania. Only two matches were enough and Albanian football opinion saw Basha as a replacement for the retired Altin Lala, according to his playing position and his abilities. His second goal for Albania came one year later after the first, on 5 March 2014 in a friendly match against Malta finished in the victory 2–0, where Basha scored the opening goal in the 26th minute.
- Scores and results list Albania's goal tally first.
|1||26 March 2013||Qemal Stafa Stadium, Tirana||Lithuania||3–0||4–1||Friendly|
|2||5 March 2014||Niko Dovana Stadium, Durrës||Malta||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
International years, caps & goals
|Albania national team|
- L'Eco di Bergamo (3 August 2010). "Basha tells about himself". L'Eco di Bergamo (in Italian). Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Parma vs. Rimini - 29 August 2008 - Soccerway
- Rimini vs. Treviso - 7 February 2009 - Soccerway
- Rimini vs. Ancona - 28 February 2009 - Soccerway
- Ancona vs. Rimini - 6 June 2009 - Soccerway
- Rimini vs. Ancona - 13 June 2009 - Soccerway
- Salernitana vs. Frosinone - 21 August 2009 - Soccerway
- "MERCATO, BASHA ALL’ALATALANTA E TROIANIELLO AL SIENA". Frosinone Calcio (in Italian). 25 June 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- Atalanta vs. Vicenza - 20 August 2010 - Soccerway
- "Migjen Basha huazohet te Torino". Sportnet express. 14 July 2011.
- Ascoli vs. Torino - 27 August 2011 - Soccerway
- Torino vs. Pescara - 10 December 2011 - Soccerway
- Siena vs. Torino - 26 August 2012 - Soccerway
- Torino vs. Parma - 28 October 2012 - Soccerway
- Torino vs. Sassuolo - 25 August 2013 - Soccerway
- Shqiperia pa Bashën në miqësore | aSport.info - Albania Sport
- Torino vs. Genoa - 13 April 2014 - Soccerway
- Summary - Serie A - Italy - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Soccerway
- Fiorentina vs. Torino - 18 May 2014 - Soccerway
- Parma vs. Livorno - 18 May 2014 - Soccerway
- Torino take Parma's Europa League place - Goal.com
- Migjen Basha, “sirena” zvicerane
- "Kuzhe kërkon talentin kosovar Migjen Basha në Kombëtare". Gazeta Start (in Albanian). 5 May 2010. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- "Migjen Basha, "pasaporta" në tryezën e Topit". Sporti Shqiptar (in Albanian). 15 July 2010. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Dardanoz Zhilivoda (19 January 2011). "Ne Fokus / Zvicra antishqiptare, vendi krimit dhe korrupsionit". Albaniasoccer.
- Rosso, Stefano (30 July 2012). "Basha verso De Biasi: Toro news: Attivate le pratiche per ottenere passaporto albanese" (in Italian). Toro news.
- "FIFA mban "peng" Bashën (English: FIFA keeps Basha "hostage"". Panorama Sport. 2012-08-21.
- IFA fails in bid to halt player exodus to Republic
- Karaj, Leonard (March 15, 2013). "Basha: Next Monday I dress red and black". Panorama Sport.
- Sport, A (March 19, 2013). "FIFA: Basha mund të luaj me Shqipërinë". ASport.
- Norway vs. Albania - 22 March 2013 - Soccerway
- Albania vs. Lithuania (friendly) | National Football Teams
- De Biazi: Paradoks, tashmë nuk mjafton as vendi i tretë…
- Albania vs. Malta - 5 March 2014 - Soccerway
- Migjen Basha at National Football Teams
- Migjen "Xhevat" Basha at Gazzetta.it (Italian)
- Migjen Basha at TuttoCalciatori.Net (Italian)
- Migjen "Xhevat" Basha at Football.it (Italian)
- Migjen Basha at Soccerway
- Migjen Basha at National Football Teams